If you use a thicker, brighter white paper...maybe even something with a bit of a grain to it; it cleans the ball WAY better. Something about a treatment that's on the paper that actually coats the ball a little bit, helping it to repel dirt and oil. I work in a graphics dept, so we have a ton of the paper. I do it at least once a week and my ball is still rolling like new.
    03-15-10 03:53 PM
    As suggested by the Sprint tech support, I cleaned my with Alcohol today. I have access to pre-saturated foam swabs. Do not use cotton swabs with Alky on them as the threads of cotton could mess up things worse. Use a lint free wipe or foam tip swab. I pulled the battery first as I do not want liquid Alky getting into the electronics with the battery in! I spun the ball all ways with the swab, then I took canned air and blew it dry. The sensors get junk built up on them apparently. I put the battery back in and now the trackball is working much better.

Hmmm, maybe I should come up with a trackball cleaning kit with presat foam swab and small can of air! Or did someone already do that?
    03-15-10 05:27 PM
    Is the trackball being difficult to press unusual? mine works great except for having to press harder than I did with my curve. Anyone else have this issue?
    03-15-10 05:49 PM
    This is why the tour 2/bold will be so much nicer, no more trackball issues.
    03-15-10 06:20 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD