I did a search on this & turned up empty, so sorry if this has been answered already...

I can't believe I have to go to a "symbols" screen to get the & sign! I use that a lot when I'm texting. I'm coming from a Treo, so I'm still adapting to the BB keyboard (makes for some interesting texts :-) )

Is there any way to customize something on the main keyboard to be the & sign? I use it way more than the # sign. (oh - and I'm going thru withdrawal not being able to use smilies in my texts - lol!).

Thanks!
    07-19-09 11:03 PM
    also is there a way to add words to custom dictionary like lol, idk etc? the custom dictionary on tour is located in spell check and will only correct incorrect spellings for words. i want to be able to type my own words or abbreviations in without bb trying to correct them.
    07-20-09 03:16 AM
    also is there a way to add words to custom dictionary like lol, idk etc? the custom dictionary on tour is located in spell check and will only correct incorrect spellings for words. i want to be able to type my own words or abbreviations in without bb trying to correct them.
    I am guessing in Options > Spell Check, you have the following checked:
    - spell check email before sending
    - check spelling as you type

To use your own words, either:

1. uncheck both of these options
    or
    2. add your words to the custom dictionary

In either case, I prefer to uncheck "check spelling as you type". I find this function annoying generally, and I like to add words to my custom dictionary on the fly, rather than in advance of using them in an email or pin message.
    07-20-09 07:04 AM
    I am guessing in Options > Spell Check, you have the following checked:
    - spell check email before sending
    - check spelling as you type

To use your own words, either:

1. uncheck both of these options
    or
    2. add your words to the custom dictionary

In either case, I prefer to uncheck "check spelling as you type". I find this function annoying generally, and I like to add words to my custom dictionary on the fly, rather than in advance of using them in an email or pin message.
    Also, if you want to add words to your custom dictionary under the Options> Spell Check...click on the Custom Dictionary button and then open the BB Menu and select New. You should be able to add any new words. I just did it and it worked fine.

07-20-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD