I couldn't find a thread with this specific problem. I have certain contacts that I have specific ringtones for when they call. But I don't want to have a custom text ringer for those people. Whenever I set a custom ringer for those contacts, it automatically changes the text ringer as well. Is there any way to only give them a custom call-tone and leave all text messages as the same tone?
    03-22-10 10:32 AM
    *Bump* Does anyone know a work around or know what I'm talking about?
    03-27-10 11:27 PM
    The text is linked to the phone number. I assume you've gone into their profile setting and changed the message ringtone. I know I can make it different on my Onyx, but I don't know your device or OS.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 11:33 PM
    I cannot speak for OS versions I do not know about, but I am on 5.0.0.548, With custom contact tones I can create, separately, a custom Ring and Messages tone for a contact. If you can do the same, make your custom Ringtone for the contact, and under the custom Message tone, set it to the default (i.e. mine is "Sonar" for text messages) and you won't notice a difference when the custom contact texts/MMS's/emails/etc, but only when they call.

hope this helps.
    03-27-10 11:49 PM
    I cannot speak for OS versions I do not know about, but I am on 5.0.0.548, With custom contact tones I can create, separately, a custom Ring and Messages tone for a contact. If you can do the same, make your custom Ringtone for the contact, and under the custom Message tone, set it to the default (i.e. mine is "Sonar" for text messages) and you won't notice a difference when the custom contact texts/MMS's/emails/etc, but only when they call.

hope this helps.
    Yeah, thank you for the response. That's what I have ended up doing, but it is just a big pain when I want to change my text message ringer, which I do pretty often. And then every contact with a custom ringer, I have to change their text tone too. And I have a LONG list of ringers. It's just a pain and I was hoping there was another, more efficient way of doing this! Haha.
    03-27-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD