I'm with Verizon, and going for my first BB and I'm trying to decide between the Curve, or waiting for the Tour. I already have an Itouch so I don't need video/music. My main uses would be phone/company email/personal email/internet access. I do prefer the smaller size of the Curve, but I'm wondering how much better the Tour will be with the uses I need it for. Thanks.
    05-13-09 05:35 PM
    oh, if your looking now, there's absolutely no reason to get a curve when the tour will be out in July! Stick with what u got and wait it out!
    05-13-09 06:05 PM
    I agree with the poster above to wait it out ^. The keyboard is suppose to be very nice.

-Luis
    05-13-09 06:24 PM
    The Curve definitely gets the job done and you don't need to spend the extra money to grab the Tour. Also, the Curve has proven to be the most stable, reliable and effective BB to date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 06:51 PM
    The Tour may come out buggy off the jump, so if you looking for the straight business Phone without the new age thrills, go with the curve.... ME, on the other hand cant WAIT till the tour drops on sprint!!!! GIGGITY GIGGITY!!!
    05-13-09 06:53 PM
    The Tour might be a hit or miss when it comes out, so I'd say to get the Curve for now and switch later on.

You can always grab used Curves everywhere, and they come out pretty cheap too.

05-13-09 07:21 PM
    I have had a Curve, it is a real solid device and you can not go wrong by making that choice. You can pick up a Curve for a decent price on eBay or Craigslist and then you will still have your upgrade for later if you still want the Tour. Keep in mind there is the possibility of bugs with a new device. But the Curve is solid NOW.

Good luck
    05-13-09 08:07 PM
    I think my suggestion would be instead of locking yourself into a contract if I were you I would simply wait to see the release get your hands on the device see how the reviews go and the response from people owning the device.

The curve is a extremely solid device However being this close to release I think it would be your better option to at least wait and see.

The tour will be a compliment to the line I mean its diving into something that rim is already used to. So if you take a peak at the 8900 and 9000 you will see that both those devices are doing just fine.

Its up to you in the end but 2 year contract is a long time to wait if your not willing to spend full retail if you decide that you do want the tour..
    05-13-09 09:16 PM
    I would wait for the Tour to come out as well. If it has too many problems then you should be able to pick up a Curve at a very nice price with a new contract. If you don't want to get a new contract at that point then you could always pick one up on ebay or in the sales section right here. I am sure many Curve owners will be selling theirs at a good price when they upgrade.

If you decide you just can't wait then you can go to Walmart. I saw that they were selling the Curves for $8.88 with a contract just a few weeks ago.

05-13-09 10:50 PM
    patience is a virtue. wait it out my friend. itll be worth it.
    05-13-09 10:54 PM
    Bottom line is, Curve now, Tour or any other upcoming non-touchscreen BB's later.

05-13-09 10:54 PM
    Just buy a used Curve off eBay and then when the Tour comes out, read some reviews and play with it in the store and then decide.

05-13-09 11:16 PM
    What would yall say is a good price for a used Curve, in mint condition with all of the accessories?
    05-14-09 12:26 AM
    all of the accessories will run you several thousands of dollars. you can get an 8830 for dirt cheap, not a curve but it is cheap. not sure how different it is to the curve.
    05-14-09 06:24 AM
    to the OP...

To lock in with a curve now, for 1 or 2 years would be a nightmare in my book! Don't do it!!! WAIT IT OUT! lol
    05-14-09 07:48 AM
    all of the accessories will run you several thousands of dollars. you can get an 8830 for dirt cheap, not a curve but it is cheap. not sure how different it is to the curve.

I am just curious how you came up with several thousand dollars

ill max out prices like crazy right here

lets say just for funs sake that the tour full retail will be

then you need a car charger

then you need a bluetooth lets get a expensive one

then you need a case lets get a expensive one of those too

cradle?

that would be 1000.00

now lets think more realistic

300 under 2 year contract
    30 dollar charger for car
    even a 50 dollar case
    45 dollar cradle if you even need it
    and we can even throw in 100 bucks for a memory card

that looks like 525.00

and thats even kind of pushing the price up a bit

so I guess I dont understand a couple thousand?

and obviously you may need a bluetooth if you dont already have one.. which could be anywhere from 30-200 depending on what you actually need/want
    05-14-09 08:20 AM
    The Tour might be a hit or miss when it comes out, so I'd say to get the Curve for now and switch later on.

You can always grab used Curves everywhere, and they come out pretty cheap too.

picked up my curve for 85 bucks. You could go for a used curve and pick up a tour when it comes out and sell the curve.
    05-14-09 12:53 PM
    I am just curious how you came up with several thousand dollars

ill max out prices like crazy right here

lets say just for funs sake that the tour full retail will be

then you need a car charger

then you need a bluetooth lets get a expensive one

then you need a case lets get a expensive one of those too

cradle?

that would be 1000.00

now lets think more realistic

300 under 2 year contract
    30 dollar charger for car
    even a 50 dollar case
    45 dollar cradle if you even need it
    and we can even throw in 100 bucks for a memory card

that looks like 525.00

and thats even kind of pushing the price up a bit

so I guess I dont understand a couple thousand?

and obviously you may need a bluetooth if you dont already have one.. which could be anywhere from 30-200 depending on what you actually need/want
    I think he meant every single accessory made for the phone every charger, case, skin, etc. At least that is the way I took it.
    05-14-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD