whats up guys, i hear the curve trackball works on the TOUR....great! as i want a new trackball to match my TOUR's Bezel

here is the question???
    Are all the curves trackballs the same? i know there is a 83xx,8900 and so forth....

another thing is, when i was browsing for a trackball i noticed that there is a big difference in prices depending on what sites i went to. anywhere from 2.99 to (AMAZON) 14.99 ???
    also i searched the CB store and couldn't find a RED TB can anyone help with like a good reliable site ???

thanks in advance!!!
    09-29-09 08:15 PM
    i love the red bezel.
    09-29-09 08:25 PM
    thanks!
    09-29-09 08:26 PM
    The experts will surely weigh in but here's my $.02:

-- Curve tball is larger; bezel dimensions appear to be different
    -- Curve tball can be removed from front for cleaning etc. w/o splitting open the case
    -- So I don't think it is possible unless you are willing to split the case

Question: Could Tour tball could be replaced w/ trackpad...then I might consider splitting the case... anyone tried THAT ?
    09-29-09 08:57 PM
    I do not think it is possible to replace the trackball with a trackpad. In fact i am almost certain it cant be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 09:15 PM
    I just replaced the trackball in the Tour I bought today with an old 8330 Curve trackball. It works great. And to think, I got a great deal on it because the TB was horrible and I had it switched out within 30 min of being home.

09-29-09 09:22 PM
    ortizm74 - thanks - was that you that did the step-by-step procedure w/ pictures on another thread ?

And did you have to crack the case the case to do this ? I think I read it was not a simple fix...
    09-29-09 09:29 PM
    09-29-09 09:31 PM
    The experts will surely weigh in but here's my $.02:

-- Curve tball is larger; bezel dimensions appear to be different
    -- Curve tball can be removed from front for cleaning etc. w/o splitting open the case
    -- So I don't think it is possible unless you are willing to split the case

Question: Could Tour tball could be replaced w/ trackpad...then I might consider splitting the case... anyone tried THAT ?
    Check out this thread ... danger looms!!!
    09-29-09 09:50 PM
    OOps ! Forgot to put in the thread. Sorry. Here it is...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/wa...ckball-324746/
    09-29-09 09:51 PM
    Hey Longshot, yeah that was me. Not sure what u mean about splitting the case, but I suppose yes since the back and front both had to come off to do it. I had nothing to lose really though. They guy was cancelling his VZw account and the phone was scratched up a little. I was gonna pay 150, but when he saw me realize the tb was jacked, he sold it to me for 80 bucks. Lol.

09-29-09 10:12 PM
    Truesupplier.com is selling the red trackball for the Tour but their website is currently down I think. They also have red back covers.

Nice red frame btw.
    09-30-09 02:58 AM
    I'll check out the Truesupplier.com later I supposed...
    09-30-09 04:02 AM
    Hey guys thanks for the help..... Opening the ? is no issue to me as I've pretty much mastered it, I just wanted to make sure I can use any curve TB on my tour... I will check out truesupplier.com and post my findings thanks

09-30-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD