Any word if the curve charging pods are going to be compatible with the tour? I have a couple of these and would hate to have to get rid of them and buy new ones..
    07-04-09 03:50 PM
    Considering that they are different sizes, I would say not.
    07-04-09 03:52 PM
    The Curve charging pods will not work. You need one specific to the 9630.
    07-04-09 04:30 PM
    The Curve charging pods will not work. You need one specific to the 9630.
    CX! welcome back -- haven't seen you for a while. hope all is well
    07-04-09 04:33 PM
    I agree, it's good to see you CX, you've been missed!

It appears that there will be a charging pod available for the Tour, although I'm not sure if it has been actually manufactured yet. From what I can tell, there is a part number for it---ASY-14396-010---so I'm hoping that means that it's coming soon.

A desktop charging pod, a cigarette lighter charger/cradle for my car (currently have one made by SmoothTalker for my 8830 and I love it), and a BSE for my new Tour would make me so happy.
    07-04-09 04:45 PM
    I Googled the part number ASY-14396-010 and got a few hits for pre-orders. I'm just looking for someone who will ship it via USPS, everyone I've found ships via UPS. UPS costs an arm and a leg to Hawaii.
    07-04-09 04:57 PM
    I Googled the part number ASY-14396-010 and got a few hits for pre-orders. I'm just looking for someone who will ship it via USPS, everyone I've found ships via UPS. UPS costs an arm and a leg to Hawaii.
    I found two online places that had them available for pre-order, but I'm not sure how they ship. You can probably call their customer service numbers and see if USPS is available.

When I saw that they didn't have photos available yet I figured that it wasn't manufactured yet, so I decided against pre-ordering (no picture, no pre-order is my motto, I've been burned by that before).

I'm hoping that they become available soon; hopefully having a part number means that it's close.
    07-04-09 05:07 PM
    Any word if the curve charging pods are going to be compatible with the tour? I have a couple of these and would hate to have to get rid of them and buy new ones..
    I'm in the same boat...
    07-04-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD