I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and upgrade to the tour from an 8330 or go to a curve2 OR wait for tour 2....

Here's the dilemma - I'm eligible for a new every 2 discount and my 2 year upgrade so i can get a tour for $50 and curve2 for basically free. I use for business on BES but also like to snap pics of kids so the lack of good camera and flash on curve2 bother me. i also don't know about the trackpad, I'm used to the trackball so I guess I wouldn't miss the trackpad since i've never had it...

I'm leaning a little toward going tour now but hate to get it and 2 months later see the tour 2 coming out... I'm itching for a new one since my 8330 has a crack on the screen....

The tour is sturdier and more professional looking over the curve2, it looked kind of cheap to me although i know its better than most other phones since its a BB !

Any thoughts?
    12-26-09 10:23 PM
    curve2-no
    tour-maybe if official NEW OS finally releases -___-
    tour 2- trackpad/wifi --> definitely more capabilities and no trackball issues like i've had with bb's in the past

I'd say wait til the tour2, it sounds promising. Only have to wait a month or so..
    12-26-09 11:33 PM
    I have the Tour and I love everything about it! It has a great camera as well (with a flash). I take many pictures of my kids and send them straight to Facebook. Do not get the curve 2 as it is extremely cheap and the camera is horrible and it does not have a flash (had it for a couple of days and took it back). I am not sure when the Tour 2 will be coming out but I believe the only two changes will be the trackpad and wi-fi which make no difference to me. In addition, there is only speculation as to when it will arrive. All in all I believe that the best thing to do is wait for the Tour 2 if you have the patience and if those additional features are important to you. If not, go with the Tour, great for taking pictures (excellent quality), and an amazing phone all around.

Oh, and if you get the Tour upgrade to os 5.0.0.230 as it is amazing and makes a huge difference in the experience of the phone.
    Last edited by NIN-Berry; 12-26-09 at 11:36 PM.
    12-26-09 11:33 PM
    With the Bold 9700 out, why would there be a rush for a Tour 2? The Tour 2 to me is the Bold 9700
    12-26-09 11:36 PM
    Wait for the tour 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 11:36 PM
    how long do you think till available..?

I guess if i went ahead with the tour if it came out within 30 days i can switch -- after that i'm SOL...

Wait for the tour 2

12-26-09 11:39 PM
    You will kick yourself mightily if you go Curve2 over Tour2, especially in the camera department. I've seen the difference between pics on the Tour and Curve 2, and it is striking.

12-27-09 01:17 AM
    Tour2 without a doubt. WiFi, better processor, better camera w/flash, trackpad, OS 5, better display...
    12-27-09 01:24 AM
    I know. Tour 2 sounds sweet, just wonder how long it will be till its out...???

Like I said I like the trackball so I may go ahead w/ the tour. I'm sure the tour2 will be pricey too and I can get a tour now for $50.

12-27-09 11:05 AM
    If you shopped around a little bit, you could actually get the tour now for cheaper than that, possible free from some places. Probably under a month for the Tour2 since pictures have come up with Verizon labeled at the bottom of the phone.
    12-27-09 11:16 AM
    With the Bold 9700 out, why would there be a rush for a Tour 2? The Tour 2 to me is the Bold 9700
    Because the 9700 doesn't work on CDMA carriers. Durr.

12-27-09 11:24 AM
    tour 2 if you already got a tour
    12-27-09 07:29 PM
    Go with the Tour and upgrade to .230. I have NO issues with mine what so ever.
    12-27-09 08:14 PM
    I have the Tour and I love everything about it! It has a great camera as well (with a flash). I take many pictures of my kids and send them straight to Facebook. Do not get the curve 2 as it is extremely cheap and the camera is horrible and it does not have a flash (had it for a couple of days and took it back). I am not sure when the Tour 2 will be coming out but I believe the only two changes will be the trackpad and wi-fi which make no difference to me. In addition, there is only speculation as to when it will arrive. All in all I believe that the best thing to do is wait for the Tour 2 if you have the patience and if those additional features are important to you. If not, go with the Tour, great for taking pictures (excellent quality), and an amazing phone all around.

Oh, and if you get the Tour upgrade to os 5.0.0.230 as it is amazing and makes a huge difference in the experience of the phone.
    Is 5.0 software available yet for the Tour?
    12-27-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD