Does any1 know if the crappy reception on the tour a hardware or software issue? I am running OS 5. 419. The shoddy reception has me frustrated to no end and is seriously impacting my decision to ditch BB on my next upgrade. I have tried the usual fixes of pulling the sim card and setting the network to home only 1ex. Nothing seems to improve it. Is there another version of the OS that has significantly better antenna?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 08:42 PM
    Where are you located? Is there good vzw there? Other vzw phones good? You can download you OS of choice and see if any of them work better for you. I've had signal issues and they seem better now. I'm on USC and their .484 and haven't changed thru the issues so I think there is something going with the carriers.
    07-27-10 08:49 PM
    Verizon coverage in my area is ok not great but my previous feature phones were never this spotty. I get 2 bars, then 4 then, one. It fluctuates a lot even while sitting in the same place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 10:26 PM
    Mine is the same way. I'v tried everything. What helped me was to update to .732 - HOWEVER, my battery life went to crap after that. My signal is more consistent, and I generally have 1XEV more often than 1X or 1x or 1xev, but I have to have a charger handy. I was also running .419 before I updated.
    07-28-10 05:00 AM
    The OS you're using definitely has an impact on signal reception. Try using the .662 leaked Verizon OS, I've found that radio to have the best signal reception for me.
    07-28-10 05:14 AM
    With the tour i believe its an os problem i am on .662 and it works great. the latest verizon (.732) supposedly works good and i just need to figure out a time i don't need my phone to load it up :P
    07-28-10 07:41 AM
    upgraded to .662, which seems like a solid build by the way. However it still fluctuates pretty badly. Hopefully while on phone calls it will hold the signal better. I think I am just SOL. I think I am in a weak coverage spot. My only hope for change is to stick to handsets that are known for their strong signal & pray for a network upgrade in my area.
    07-28-10 06:58 PM
    upgraded to .662, which seems like a solid build by the way. However it still fluctuates pretty badly. Hopefully while on phone calls it will hold the signal better. I think I am just SOL. I think I am in a weak coverage spot. My only hope for change is to stick to handsets that are known for their strong signal & pray for a network upgrade in my area.
    Give it time to settle. like 24-48 hours and do a few battery pulls too.
    07-28-10 07:20 PM
    My take on this reception thing, that seems to be an overall problem with the Tour, is that it is a Hardware problem. Had it been a software problem, I would guess that they could have managed to fix it by now. I had a 9650 for a while and its reception was as good as my old 8703e/8330m... pegged at -80 while the Tour will be 15 to 20 higher -- unless you are no where around the phone (ah-la iPhone.......). I'm sure there are Sprint/Verizon/RIM people that read these boards, and they may also have knowledge of what Sprint/Verizon/RIM actually knows about the phones, which will be different than the response we get at the stores when complaining about a faulty product.
    07-29-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD