First of all, I exchanged my Tour today and got a different one (long story). Anyway, I'm going in and downloading certain things again.

One thing I noticed with the browser is that if I go to espn.go.com (instead of ESPN Mobile), it takes me to the regular ESPN site and you can see the whole page like you could if you were using Opera Mini. I don't remember my browser doing this the first time around. This eliminates the need for Opera Mini. I just had that for when I needed to go to regular sites instead of the mobile sites.

One question inside the BB Browser....once I click on options and then Browser Configuration...and scroll down to Browser Identification....there are 3 choices: Blackberry, Firefox and Internet Explorer. The default is Blackberry. What does this do if you change it? Do most leave this on Blackberry?
    08-10-09 09:54 PM
    It needs to be on blackberry for doing OTA downloads and such...if you change it to IE or firefox it is ALWAYS going to display the full page instead of the mobile site...if you leave it on blackberry...its up to the web dev to determine that when it queries your browser and sees its a blackberry, if it wants to give you the mobile site or the full site..
    08-10-09 10:04 PM
    It's how the internet websites detect you are on a mobile phone and you usually want to mobile site by default. By choosing FireFox or IE then it doesn't know you are on a blackberry and it will think you are on a computer with a full browser, which in most cases is not what people want.
    08-10-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD