Well my first tour didnt lag or freeze except when getting data. This new one is doing it a few times an hour when I am using it. Could reloading the os fix this or should I just take it back for a replacement again (or would an upgraded os fix this)? When it freezes it will just sit there for a good 30 seconds then start responding. It doesnt matter what I am doing, it seems to happen whenever the device feels like it.
    Last edited by Syco54645; 07-16-09 at 01:38 PM.
    07-16-09 01:34 PM
    This doesn't answer your question, but just wanted to comment in general.

I think it's funny how all the "ex-storm" users switched to the Tour, thinking it would be the best phone of all time.
    And all I hear about since Sunday is all the problems it has. True, no phone is perfect, and the Storm is certainly far from perfect.
    But I just find it funny how tons of people switched from the Storm to the Tour, and yet it seems the Storm functions a lot better
    07-16-09 01:57 PM
    Reload the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 02:01 PM
    Reload the OS

wonder if this will fix the issue of the crap that is supposed to be voice coming from the headset area.
    07-16-09 02:05 PM

I think it's funny how all the "ex-storm" users switched to the Tour, thinking it would be the best phone of all time.
    And all I hear about since Sunday is all the problems it has. True, no phone is perfect, and the Storm is certainly far from perfect.
    But I just find it funny how tons of people switched from the Storm to the Tour, and yet it seems the Storm functions a lot better
    My tour runs so much more dmoothe thsan my storm ever did. I can actually use my phone as a phone now. Before with my storm I would have to pick up n tell the person I'd call them right back from s land line and hope it wouldn't drop the call. And yes I had 5 storms. Al the same.

07-16-09 02:10 PM
    Tour runs better than any Storm I've had my hands on.
    07-16-09 02:30 PM

lol this coming from a Storm owner. Ok, I am going to tell you this right now so someone who is meaner than me doesn't: These are forums. Forums are usually places where people that have problems go for help. So, this means that many of the threads will be about people having problems with their Tours. Do you see a rants and raves section here? No. Because the Tour is a good, solid phone. Will there be bugs? Yes, of course; especially in the first week! So, please, do not come here and say the Tour is a bad phone. I had the Storm, probably before you even knew what it was, and it is a bad Blackberry. The Tour is a great phone and if you pick one up, you won't want to SurePress your way back to the Storm any time soon.

Thank you.
    07-16-09 02:36 PM
    Well my first tour didnt lag or freeze except when getting data. This new one is doing it a few times an hour when I am using it. Could reloading the os fix this or should I just take it back for a replacement again (or would an upgraded os fix this)? When it freezes it will just sit there for a good 30 seconds then start responding. It doesnt matter what I am doing, it seems to happen whenever the device feels like it.
    I would reload the OS. If that doesn't work, take it to whatever store is in your area. Verizon has been incredibly helpful when it comes to replacing phones, and if the tech support doesn't get it figured out they won't let you walk out of the door without rectifying your situation as long as you're persistent.
    07-16-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD