The BlackBerry move to delineate business users with personal users with the BIS/BES difference has basically left me wondering "why do I have a BlackBerry?"

I work for a small company that will not pay the $6000 for server software and $10/mo extra for the 6 or so people using BlackBerry phones, so all I have is BIS

however, now I cannot access all of my email unless it is in the Inbox folder, since only the Inbox synchs in the BIS mode. This make integration with my Outlook essentially worthless.

it doesnt even let me use the DM to sync the folders, that option being now removed. so much for my organized filing structure

I can choose to leave everthing in my Inbox, which I dont like, but even then the BIS seems to work backwards for me...

typically, i see an email on my phone and i see what it is about. i cannot usually actually address the issue at that moment, but the message has now been marked read on my Outlook, since i opened it on the phone

on the other hand, if i open an email on my Outlook, it still shows as a new mail on my phone until i open it there.

this seems all backwards to me, it should be the other way around or mark both ways equally

_______
    issue 3.

now, the people that have phones running MS CE or Google have no problem getting to ALL of their folders. additionally, they get their email when it arrives and not in bundles every 20-30 minutes.
    ___

issue 4.

the quality of the phone is just not that good. loose battery door, and so on.
    _______

now tell me what reason there is to stick with a Tour?

If someone came up with an app that let me into my other folders or let me sync my folders, then i would be much happier... is that possible?
    03-29-10 02:26 PM
    Hey, if you find that a Blackberry isn't meeting your needs by all means you should give something else a try.

Re: your issue 3, I think you have it backwards. BIS email is pushed instantly to the Blackberry. With MS CE (or at least my old Moto Q and Q9 that ran it) they would pull mail off the Yahoo server at specified intervals. Don't know if that's true of all MS phones or not. Probably not.
    03-29-10 02:38 PM
    Issue 4 isn't so bad with me. Try getting a new phone. Also you guys can use BESX for free if you have a Windows '08 server.
    03-29-10 02:48 PM
    The new free BESX software sounds perfect for your company. Should fix all issues but #4.
    03-29-10 03:08 PM
    The new free BESX software sounds perfect for your company. Should fix all issues but #4.

except that my IT guy wont buy it for the 6 of us, since it costs $6k plus $10/more (i would pay that)
    03-29-10 03:19 PM
    If you need convincing you already made up your mind, so what is the point? Go try something else, you will be back there is nothing there that comes close even.
    03-29-10 03:46 PM
    Watch your step on the way out.
    03-29-10 04:17 PM
    03-29-10 04:17 PM
    Get rid of your BB.
    03-29-10 04:20 PM
    except that my IT guy wont buy it for the 6 of us, since it costs $6k plus $10/more (i would pay that)
    it's free -

BlackBerry - Enterprise Server Express - Free Download
    03-29-10 04:21 PM
    Even with the BB's flaws, I have yet to find anything better...
    03-29-10 06:47 PM
    i will pay you 1000 dollars to stay with your tour
    03-29-10 06:58 PM
    no fair.. if he gets 1 grand.. everyone has to get 1 grand... lol.. hope ya have enough
    03-29-10 07:31 PM
    convince you to stay with your tour? how insecure are you.

move along.
    03-29-10 07:32 PM
    rgray. I don't need a grand. Send me $100 and I'll stay with my Tour.

Do you need me to list all my issues and beg for help making a decision on a business device, or can I just give you my address?
    03-29-10 07:45 PM
    just got my tour and love it. can someone convince me to get rid of it
    03-29-10 07:48 PM
    rgray. I don't need a grand. Send me $100 and I'll stay with my Tour.

Do you need me to list all my issues and beg for help making a decision on a business device, or can I just give you my address?
    I will stay with mine for free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 09:56 PM
    Sounds like you already made up your mind, so why are you asking here?

The BlackBerry move to delineate business users with personal users with the BIS/BES difference has basically left me wondering "why do I have a BlackBerry?"

I work for a small company that will not pay the $6000 for server software and $10/mo extra for the 6 or so people using BlackBerry phones, so all I have is BIS

however, now I cannot access all of my email unless it is in the Inbox folder, since only the Inbox synchs in the BIS mode. This make integration with my Outlook essentially worthless.

it doesnt even let me use the DM to sync the folders, that option being now removed. so much for my organized filing structure

I can choose to leave everthing in my Inbox, which I dont like, but even then the BIS seems to work backwards for me...

typically, i see an email on my phone and i see what it is about. i cannot usually actually address the issue at that moment, but the message has now been marked read on my Outlook, since i opened it on the phone

on the other hand, if i open an email on my Outlook, it still shows as a new mail on my phone until i open it there.

this seems all backwards to me, it should be the other way around or mark both ways equally

_______
    issue 3.

now, the people that have phones running MS CE or Google have no problem getting to ALL of their folders. additionally, they get their email when it arrives and not in bundles every 20-30 minutes.
    ___

issue 4.

_______

If someone came up with an app that let me into my other folders or let me sync my folders, then i would be much happier... is that possible?
    03-29-10 09:59 PM
    Sounds like you already made up your mind, so why are you asking here?
    go to ur carrier and get a new tour and let them fix ur contact and emails then u would be much happier the tour is a good device if u have a good device there are alot of messed up tours i have to go through five of them to get one good one lol and im pretty much happy intil the bold comes out with sprint then ill think about switching
    03-29-10 10:59 PM
    some of you need to lighten up a little
    im not begging for help, i was fishing for things that i may have missed on how to set it up, or = as i asked - if there was any app that would simulate a synch mode like Google or something

in any case, a few people offered suggestions, which is helpful; rather than feel proud to act derisory, which is not.

peace bro
    03-29-10 11:25 PM
    First, i'm only responding to your $6000 post. Download BPS it's the same as BES but will only allow up to 30 users. You get a free license with each PIN. I have 7 running on my BPS and it cost me NOTHING! You do have to have the $44 data plan though.

_______
    issue 3.

___

issue 4.

_______

03-29-10 11:29 PM
    some of you need to lighten up a little
    im not begging for help, i was fishing for things that i may have missed on how to set it up, or = as i asked - if there was any app that would simulate a synch mode like Google or something

in any case, a few people offered suggestions, which is helpful; rather than feel proud to act derisory, which is not.

peace bro
    derisory ?????? thats not even a word
    03-29-10 11:52 PM
    derisory ?????? thats not even a word
    you should probably look stuff up before you make yourself look not only uneducated, but dumb

derisory [dɪˈraɪsərɪ -zərɪ]
    adj
    1. subject to or worthy of derision, esp because of being ridiculously small or inadequate
    2. another word for derisive

derisory - definition of derisory by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    03-30-10 08:09 AM
    First, i'm only responding to your $6000 post. Download BPS it's the same as BES but will only allow up to 30 users. You get a free license with each PIN. I have 7 running on my BPS and it cost me NOTHING! You do have to have the $44 data plan though.
    I thought you could have up to 75 users with the $29 data plan on the FREE BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software?
    03-30-10 08:22 AM
    OP, BESX is free, so that solves your problem. I think the negative comments were a response to the way you phrased your subject - I can see how "Convince me to keep my tour" would naturally invoke a "Why in the name of Zeus' ****-hole do I care?" reaction in people If what you really meant to ask was whether there are any features that you missed before giving up on the Tour then just say so straight up!
    03-30-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD