I just got a Tour from my company. My company has it set up so that it downloads mail, contacts and calendar info from my work Outlook server.

I would also like to add my personal contacts into the address book but cannot figure out how to do this. I have looked through this forum but I must have the wrong search terms as I have not been able to find any way to do this.

Also, is there any way to just scroll through contacts like I can in Outlook. Now it seems I must search for a specific character to get a list of contacts. Perhaps this will require a application?

Thanks, sorry for the n00b question but I guess I really am one.
    04-13-10 05:46 PM
    I am a little confused on your question. Adding a contact is easy. Just click on add contact and it is ready for you to type in and then save it.
    you can scroll through the list of contacts You can also hit a the first letter of the name in the Find: those with that letter will appear
    04-13-10 06:16 PM
    Sorry, I guess my question was not specific. On my home computer I have a list of Contacts in Outlook that I would also like to sync up with my Blackberry. I have tried setting the Sync settings in BB Desktop Manager to sync my personal Outlook address book but get an error stating that synchronization is currently unavailable because the application is configured for wireless synchronization.

My concern is that the wireless sync is to my companies server so I do not want to disable that. Should I disable it long enough to sync my personal address book or is there a different/better way to do this?
    04-13-10 09:52 PM
    You can disable wireless sync long enough to sync your personal address book. Just be aware that your personal address book will be merged with the work address book and the whole will now be backed up on the companies servers and visible to the IT admins. As long as that doesn't violate your company policy, and you don't mind the potential loss of privacy, it works. I do it. Most BES admins will tell you they are far too busy to care what a user has in their databases as long as the user is not making trouble for them.
    04-13-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD