A co-worker of mine recently had his blackberry tour replaced through verizon. He didn't have his phone backed up on his computer.........so they are gone. However...he does have his contacts in his navigation/bluetooth of his car. Does anyone have any idea on how to get the info from the car back his blackberry? Thanks in advance.
    01-29-10 03:19 PM
    The only way that I can think this can happen is if you are able to pair the device to car. Some cars allow contact to sync to the car this way, just not sure if it will work in reverse.
    01-29-10 04:19 PM
    Maybe this might help.. I am sure if he logs into Verizon account page all his calls will be listed. Name.number.. I do think it goes back 3 months.

Now he might even get lucky with messages. He should send out one big email to all his contacts'BCC' and tell the contacts what happened 'they will understand' and if they have any emails saved from him could they please forward back.. He also cold find those email messages on the email site he uses. Unless he deletes them from both the phone and the computer.

Now SMS messages on Verzion in the usage area it shows who has message him and who he has messaged...Those contacts might forward there conversations if they still have them.

Now BBM message they should be backed up to an email address if I am right. I am not sure on that one.

Hope your friend can fix his problem.

PS>> On his email he sends out if he does. He might want to share his new PIN because number with all of them and ask them to reinvite him ..Less work for him.
    01-29-10 04:34 PM
    A co-worker of mine recently had his blackberry tour replaced through verizon. He didn't have his phone backed up on his computer.........so they are gone. However...he does have his contacts in his navigation/bluetooth of his car. Does anyone have any idea on how to get the info from the car back his blackberry? Thanks in advance.
    just wondering... but when he had his phone replaced, how come he didnt just have his contacts switched over to the new phone by Verizon?
    01-29-10 04:39 PM
    just wondering... but when he had his phone replaced, how come he didnt just have his contacts switched over to the new phone by Verizon?
    OP did not state why the phone was replaced. If the broken with no power, or store does not equipment to it, VZW cannot xfer the contacts.

Lessoned learned to the and their friend. There are lots of options for back up of contacts
    01-29-10 04:43 PM
    He dropped his phone and the screen shattered but also the port was damaged as well.
    01-30-10 10:02 AM
    Is there some interface from the car's navigation system to a computer or usb drive or ... some method? Does it have its own backup system? There may be someway to extract info if there is.

My tomtom standalone gps does allow me to get to the "transferred" contacts I copied from my BB to my Tomtom. It is generally a plaintext, comma delimited file.
    01-30-10 11:01 AM
    Its a Lexus and there is no way to get the info out via USB. I think he's just stuck. Backup backup backup!!!
    01-30-10 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD