Ok so i noticed today that my phone was not making noise when my friend text me..i checked contact alerts and like 5 people had them and there was 6 contact alerts for the same person...this phone just came in the mail like 3 weeks ago and this just started today. So my question is, is it normal and has this happened to anyone else?
    03-08-10 05:23 PM
    It used to happen to me all the time when I was running OS 4.7. I think people said it was a bug or something with that OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 05:26 PM
    this happened to me as well!!!! im running on 4.7 & i dont know what made me check my contact alrts but i had one person who i just receive emails & txts from (i very rarely speak to her on the phone) & she literally had 7-8 contact alerts ... which i never set ANY of them... & there was 1 other person after her that was set as well that i didnt set either... its crazy... RIM needs to either fix the bug problem or verizon needs to release dang 5.0 NOW bc im getting REALLY annoyed & impatient @ this point w/ all the little ******** problems like this.. lol k im done lol
    03-09-10 10:39 AM
    From what I have found, a contact alert is created for a person every time I edit that person's contact info, even if I wasn't setting contact alert info.
    03-09-10 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD