I went to Sprint today bcuz of a issue with another one of my phones. After talking with The Store Mgr about the 9650/9750?, I think I'm gonna get a 9630 next week. If anything is released, it wont be until July at the earliest. I thought about a DROID, but I just can't do it. Gonna go test drive both at the store next week, then purchase.
    Last edited by 4 Star General; 02-27-10 at 06:06 PM.
    02-27-10 06:04 PM
    Had mine since Sept 09 and no probs. I want my husband to get one. I have used the 9700 with the trackpad and it is different. For me not better or worse-just something I wasn't used to. I, too, would like to see the tour 2 (or whatever they will call it), but can't imagine waiting on something that may or may not be out in the near future. The trackball issues are fixed as far as I know, and I am sure there will be trackpad issues in the beginning of tour 2. (There was for the 9700). I feel that the 9630 is a solid phone and would be a great choice.
    02-28-10 09:45 AM
    Son and I both have had ours since 9-09 with vzw and love them.

Good luck
    02-28-10 11:21 AM
    so i went to my local vzw today to get the T1. however, after playing with it and the 8530, i ended up liking the feel of the trackpad better. i know it's an awesome device but i think i might end up waiting for the T2/bold again...

if you don't mind how the trackball feels, i say go with the T1.
    02-28-10 05:44 PM
    Verizon is still using OS 4.7 on the Tour so I have to assume they are having Profiles problems. No one above mentioned those. If you have limited needs for alerts, I suppose you won't notice them. But many (if not all) of the Tours have a problem with Profiles...try setting Normal Profile with ring tone for phone, vibrate for SMS and PIN, and silent for Email. Then go to the Silent Profile and make everything silent. Are the both profiles holding the setting, or is one diffusing to the other? At least with all the Tours w/OS 4.7 I've seen with US Cellular, that is an ongoing problem; can't get all the Profiles to work as they should. Test that at the store before accepting the phone if it will matter to you. It should be gone when the OS 5.0 release comes.
    02-28-10 06:27 PM
    I purchased my VZW BB tour in October '09. I was very close on getting the curve. There was a rebate for the tour and I jumped on it. Love the camera with the flash, trackball is fine, I did hear that a lot of people were complaining about the keys, either folks have small fingers or folks have large fingers, for me no worries. Screen is great, the battery is runs low for a bit when using Pandora, Facebook and other apps, other than that, again no worries!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 08:01 PM
    I bought my new Tour back in November and have never had any problems with it. I absolutely love it!
    03-01-10 01:17 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD