The $45 plan is for BES users, $30 is for BIS only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is now. When I got My Q 9m in sept 2007 all that they had was a $45 internet plan. That $30 plan they just implemented when they made data plans mandatory for all new smartphones. When everyone's forced to pay for it. They can afford to lower the price right?
    06-24-09 11:21 PM
    It is now. When I got My Q 9m in sept 2007 all that they had was a $45 internet plan. That $30 plan they just implemented when they made data plans mandatory for all new smartphones. When everyone's forced to pay for it. They can afford to lower the price right?
    The $30 plan has been in existence for blackberries since late 2007, when the 8130 came out. This was before the requirement to have data plans on all smartphones.
    06-24-09 11:49 PM
    Unless you need BES (that is your company has a BB server), you'll be just fine with the 30 BIS plan.
    06-25-09 08:44 AM
    The $30 plan has been in existence for blackberries since late 2007, when the 8130 came out. This was before the requirement to have data plans on all smartphones.
    Yes, I know. But people also knew in 2007 data was going to be mandatory soon. Hey great news data is now $30! everyone goes YAY! a few months later... But now data is mandatory! Everyone goes Say What?!! It's called softening the blow.

edit:
    I know most people with smartphones have data. But there is people like me that want the OS capabilities, but have absolutely no dire need for data.
    Last edited by doomedromance; 06-26-09 at 09:52 AM.
    06-26-09 09:49 AM
    Haha, I've thought about it a lot, and I've decided that once I get off the storm (hopefully soon), I'd like to not go back to a touch device for typing EVER. It's never going to be as fast as a physical querty. I want to be able to type without staring at the screen, and I'd like to be able to type 60 words per minute also. All of these things can not be done on the storm, and are very difficult on any other touch phone.

shhhhhhhhhh....dont let the pplz with touchscreen phones here you. they think you're technologically behind if you dont have a virtual keyboard. man, i dont even look @ my phone half the time i'm typin a response, on my treo. i cant just cant do that touchscreen keypad thing...especially since it will press the wrong thing half the time anyways...
    06-26-09 10:04 AM
    I didn't read all of the threads but I returned my 3Gs for the following reasons:

1. Poor reception at my house, where I have a full signal with Verizon.
    2. Bad battery performance - can't even make it a full day. Turned off both and 3g - still bad. I only use it to check email and make calls. I suspect Push with EAS really takes a toll.
    3. No visual indicator that I had an email when the phone locks.
    4. Difficult to check multiple email accounts. You have to back out of one account to check mail on the other ones.

I actually did like the touchscreen and it does alot of things really well but it's just a consumer phone. I'm so glad to be back on my 8830 and Verizon and the Tour will be even better.
    06-26-09 10:36 AM
    from what I am hearing is in December Verizon is launching the storm2, at the same time iphone contract is up with AT&T. and Verizon is working on getting that contract they are saying by April 2010 they will have a Iphone for Verizon
    07-16-09 07:07 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD