I searched for fixes but none of them work. I just started using Windows 7 from XP. My phone worked fine on my old PC with XP but 7 isnt doing too hot. My phone connects and runs Autoplay and it connects in DM6 but BBSAK says "no device connected". Its really starting to upset me and I'm getting ready to light this PC on fire!

Thanks,
    Frankie
    11-27-10 11:27 PM
    Have you tried right-clicking on BBSAK and running as Administrator?
    11-28-10 12:04 AM
    Have you tried right-clicking on BBSAK and running as Administrator?
    Yea, I tried that for BBSAK and BlackBerry Master Control Panel and neither work. I've rebooted the phone and the PC, I've checked all of the drivers to make sure they're up-to-date, I've switched USB ports, and I've done all of the "fixes" I found on the forums. My 9630 and my back-up 9530 both have the same issue. One thing I did notice, it takes it a good while to connect to DM. Over a minute for sure.
    11-28-10 12:22 AM
    Now I feel like a moron. I had tried this fix and it didnt work. I just checked to see if the boxes were still unchecked (Method 1) and they were checked again. I unchecked them and it works now lol
    Last edited by Frankie Figs; 11-28-10 at 02:57 AM.
    11-28-10 01:02 AM
    Ok, this is happening again. Everything is the way it should be, and I have to connect to DM while BBSAK is open to get it to work. Even then, it take like 5 or 6 tries to get it to work. What else can I do??
    12-21-10 01:20 PM
    Ok, this is happening again. Everything is the way it should be, and I have to connect to DM while BBSAK is open to get it to work. Even then, it take like 5 or 6 tries to get it to work. What else can I do??
    What version of BBSAK are you using?
    I am using Windows 7 Professional and use BBSAK all the time v1.9 which is the latest release.
    12-21-10 05:32 PM
    Well I had this exact same problem. I just got done wiping the OS & wanted to reload BBTweaks 975v1 because of all the reboots I was getting with 1030. BBSAK would not connect. I was freaking out. No OS on my 9630 & neither BBSAK nor AppLoader would recognize my BB. I updated my BBSAK to v1.9.11 & voila! It worked! Repost if this works for you also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 05:43 PM
    I'm using v1.9 and I tired v1.9.11 neither work right. I reinstalled v1.9 since v1.9.11 has that annoying message about donating. I'm not trying to be cheap, but I'm unemployed and money is tight. Anywho, if I connect my phone and activate BBSAK it wont connect, if I open DM and allow it to connect, BBSAK still wont connect. If I leave both programs up, unplug the phone, plug it back in, and click connect it will connect for like 10 seconds and then lose connection. I'm so lost, I've done the "fix" I mentioned in post #4 and its still is being a POS.
    12-21-10 07:11 PM
    I'm using v1.9 and I tired v1.9.11 neither work right. I reinstalled v1.9 since v1.9.11 has that annoying message about donating. I'm not trying to be cheap, but I'm unemployed and money is tight. Anywho, if I connect my phone and activate BBSAK it wont connect, if I open DM and allow it to connect, BBSAK still wont connect. If I leave both programs up, unplug the phone, plug it back in, and click connect it will connect for like 10 seconds and then lose connection. I'm so lost, I've done the "fix" I mentioned in post #4 and its still is being a POS.
    The only other thing that I can give you because i don't know how you are trying to connect meaning the sequence but try and plug in your phone to your PC first after you uninstall BBSAK totally from your computer including all folders that may remain in your prgrams from Windows explorer on your C drive and then restart your computer.

Reinstall BBSAK and as above plug in your phone FIRST and then try and launch BBSAK and see if you can connect now. You should be able to as long as you have v1.9 and lastly if this does not work try and install v1.7 of BBSAK which was a very solid build. Sometimes going backwards a step just might work.

Let us know what works for you.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-22-10 at 06:18 PM.
    12-21-10 07:43 PM
    I always kill device manager (the app that sits resident waiting for you to connect your BB) via task manager before I start BBSAK when I have this issue. Perhaps it's not even related, but it seems to work for me.

pm
    12-22-10 12:07 PM
    I always kill device manager (the app that sits resident waiting for you to connect your BB) via task manager before I start BBSAK when I have this issue. Perhaps it's not even related, but it seems to work for me.

pm
    What's the name of the file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 12:36 PM
    BBSAK kills the device manager when it launches, at least mine does. Its not just BBSAK, its BlackBerry Master Control Panel too. It seems DM is the only thing that will connect to it reliably.
    12-23-10 01:08 PM
    I searched for fixes but none of them work. I just started using Windows 7 from XP. My phone worked fine on my old PC with XP but 7 isnt doing too hot. My phone connects and runs Autoplay and it connects in DM6 but BBSAK says "no device connected". Its really starting to upset me and I'm getting ready to light this PC on fire!

Thanks,
    Frankie
    WHAT TO DO IF BBSAK DOESNT WORK
    ================================================== ================================================== ======
    =====================
    =====================
    Method 1
    =====================
    =====================

1. terminate BBDevMgr.exe using Windows Task Manager
    (and make sure it hasnt restarted itself in the back-ground) and

2. Restart BBSAK to see if BBSAK will work fine..if it doesnt, go to method 2

================================================== ================================================== ======
    =====================
    =====================
    Method 2
    =====================
    =====================
    STEP 1
    ========
    open "device manager"

*For Microsoft Windows Vista (and windows 7)

Click "Start" icon in task bar,
    type "device manager" in the Start Search box, and
    Click "Device Manager" in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

In the "Device Manager" dialog box,
    expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Right-click "USB Root Hub" and then click "Properties" and a "USB Root Hub Properties" window will pop-up
    click the Power Management tab.
    Uncheck/unselect the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" check box. R
    Repeat steps for each/all "USB Root Hub" listed in the Device Manager.

STEP 2
    =======
    Click the Power Icon in task bar, select/click "more power options", select "change plan settings" under

the power option you are presently using. select/click "change advanced power settings" and the Power

Options window will pop-up. scroll to "USB settings" and selct/click it and also select/click "USB

selective suspend settings". Disable "On battery" and "Plugged" in option and click "ok"

STEP 3
    =======
    Open Device manager,
    Double click on "Universal Serial Bus controller" at the bottom,
    Double Click "USB Root Hub", Click "Power Management" tab on top right and Uncheck Allow Power...

STEP 4
    =======
    1. terminate BBDevMgr.exe using Windows Task Manager
    (and make sure it hasnt restarted itself in the back-ground) and

2. Restart BBSAK to see if BBSAK will work fine..if it doesnt, go to method 3 (for advanced users/expert)

================================================== ================================================== =====
    =====================
    =====================
    Method 3 (for advanced users/expert)
    =====================
    =====================
    *You can disable the USB Selective Suspend feature as a workaround by editing the registry.

The USB device may become unresponsive because of a race condition in the Selective Suspend feature.

The Selective Suspend feature suspends the USB device to efficiently maintain battery power by enabling the

computer to turn off the USB device.

However, sometimes this feature may not correctly wake up the USB device. Therefore, the USB device is

unresponsive when you try to use it.

You might want to disable this feature for server products where power management is not important or

required.

*To disable the Selective Suspend feature, follow these steps:

Click Start and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click "Start" icon, and then use the Start Search box.

Type "regedit", and then click OK and "Registry Editor" window will opens.

Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\USB

If the DisableSelectiveSuspend registry entry is present, double-click it.

If it is not present, create the entry.

To create the entry, follow these steps:

On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD.

Type "DisableSelectiveSuspend", and then press ENTER.

On the Edit menu, click Modify.

In the Value data field, type 1 to disable the Selective Suspend feature, and then click OK.
    tasmitty likes this.
    08-25-11 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD