I was the proud owner of a curve 8330 for about 2 years and recently upgraded to a Tour 9630. Verzion model with a 4.7 OS. I have added nothing, no weather apps, etc. The gps is off, global has been switched to local, brightness is down to 80, etc. I am also religious about closing apps when I am finished. The million dollar question I have.....I can go to bed at 11:00 pm, with a solid 3 bars. I will wake up around 7:00 and the phone is so dead I need to charge it for a solid hour before it even kicks on? How is this even possible? M-F I can email/text/surf like a madman and only require a charge every other day? I am at a loss. This is the second time in 4 weeks. The phone is only 4 weeks old. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    01-24-10 08:38 AM
    When u go to bed is the phone on standby, bedside mode, or off? Or none of the above. Are you in a bad signal area? What apps are open? Have you tried a battery b4 going to bed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 08:45 AM
    When I go to bed, it is on vibrate only (no land line, so I need rto keep it on). I am in a great signal area and my only open apps are the main 4-5 (messages, bbm, browser, homescreen, etc). Not sure I follw your last question, have I tried a battery? Sorry.
    01-24-10 08:57 AM
    When I go to bed, it is on vibrate only (no land line, so I need rto keep it on). I am in a great signal area and my only open apps are the main 4-5 (messages, bbm, browser, homescreen, etc). Not sure I follw your last question, have I tried a battery? Sorry.

If you put the phone in bedside mode you can set it up as an alarm AND that the phone will still ring/vibrate for calls only. I think he meant a battery pull, seems to fix just about everything else as well.
    01-24-10 10:01 AM
    autostandby is a pretty cool app that can be set to both standby and lock your phone after a specified period of time. standby mode significantly helps your battery-life. your calls will still come through while in standby mode. I go to bed w/ 100% battery life and wait up w/ 95%.
    01-24-10 10:18 AM
    I will try the bedside mode tonight, I still can't help but scratch my head as to why I dropped 3 bars over night....strange. I guess if it continues to happen I will just visit Verizon.
    01-24-10 10:31 AM
    Do a battery pull. This is also known as a hard reset. Remove the battery for a few seconds then put it in and let the phone power up. This does solve many things. Consider your blackberry like a computer. It needs a complete power down from time to time..
    01-24-10 10:39 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback. The crackberry community rules!

01-24-10 10:53 AM
    Mine has done the same thing. It depends on where I lay my phone at night. Like I have a bookcase headboard and lay it on there, it is dead the next morning. I think it has to do with what is around it, like remotes, etc. with batteries. I keep it in the bed with me and it never does it. Just on headboard. It is weird.
    01-24-10 09:19 PM
    Mine has done the same thing. It depends on where I lay my phone at night. Like I have a bookcase headboard and lay it on there, it is dead the next morning. I think it has to do with what is around it, like remotes, etc. with batteries. I keep it in the bed with me and it never does it. Just on headboard. It is weird.
    I think when you keep it on the headboard it misses you and feels neglected, which drains it, but when you let it stay in your bed it feels safe and loved and starts the day fully charged! That's my best guess
    01-25-10 02:04 AM
    It doesn't sound all too normal. I never put my phone on standby before I go to bed. And my phone is usually at 95%+ before I go to sleep. The next morning, I would still be at 95%. The longest my battery has lasted was three days with moderate use and no standby.
    01-25-10 02:09 AM
    I had this problem also and it seemed to happen when I downloaded a ringtone from the crackberry site. Each time I found that my voice recorder application was filled with hours of recordings. The recordings were happening during the day without me even turning on the record function. There were 9 hours of recordings and my battery would be dead.
    01-25-10 02:26 AM
    On the night stand near other remotes makes the most sense to me. Come to think of it, some nights I turn off the tv and toss the remote next to my tour. I guess I will just have to start spooning my blackberry to save battery life.

01-25-10 03:09 PM
    I've heard that vibrate cause the battery to drain much faster.
    01-25-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD