this is going to stir a bunch of crap i can already tell.. But when i ran a comparison between the BOLD and the Tour, under the Wireless networks section it clearly shows a checkmark for Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g on the Tour. So either this bad boy is going to have Wi-Fi, or Blackberry incorrectly labeled it on the site..
    06-15-09 11:45 PM
    this is going to stir a bunch of crap i can already tell.. But when i ran a comparison between the BOLD and the Tour, under the Wireless networks section it clearly shows a checkmark for Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g on the Tour. So either this bad boy is going to have Wi-Fi, or Blackberry incorrectly labeled it on the site..
    yea it also lists that the tour has no backlight or color screen....wish it wasn't but most likely an error
    06-15-09 11:57 PM
    I doubt it will have Wi-Fi. It could though
    06-15-09 11:58 PM
    Pre profuction models had it .. so who knows
    06-16-09 12:17 AM
    Pre profuction models had it .. so who knows

if it does I will jump for joy but I thought cx stated that it wouldn't...
    06-16-09 12:33 AM
    It will NOT have wi-fi guys... no matter how much wishful thinking/posting you do.
    06-16-09 12:40 AM
    As you can see in the comparison the OP is right. it clearly compares to the bold with having wifi.

being a novice in this category, i dont know the differences between teh different wifi options, but the bold has 3 more checks than the tour does in this category. i say this not so much as a "bold is better" comment, but rather -- it would be much more likely to be an error if all of them were checked or unchecked, instead of having specific ones not noted. in other words if it was just 1 check saying WIFI YES, then maybe it's an error, but multiple categories, implying multiple errors? it's just a really weird error in my opinion.

i was already ready for no wifi... but now...
    Last edited by Cowadin; 06-16-09 at 01:03 AM.
    06-16-09 01:00 AM
    *sigh* Spec sheet people...spec sheet...the same site your questioning now also said the Tour had no headset or mic previously..

06-16-09 05:31 AM
    I have come to the conclusion that it might just have wifi. Now if that goes for the vzw version I would highly doubt but the sprint version may just roll it out.
    06-16-09 07:47 AM
    As you can see in the comparison the OP is right. it clearly compares to the bold with having wifi.

being a novice in this category, i dont know the differences between teh different wifi options, but the bold has 3 more checks than the tour does in this category. i say this not so much as a "bold is better" comment, but rather -- it would be much more likely to be an error if all of them were checked or unchecked, instead of having specific ones not noted. in other words if it was just 1 check saying WIFI YES, then maybe it's an error, but multiple categories, implying multiple errors? it's just a really weird error in my opinion.

i was already ready for no wifi... but now...
    Apparently it was a typo and has now been fixed... No WiFi.
    06-16-09 10:31 AM
    thats exactly what i was about to point out.
    all errors have been fixed now.
    06-16-09 10:36 AM
    i had a feeling today was going to be a bad day.

oh well, it was exciting while it lasted. im still picking this baby up!
    06-16-09 10:39 AM
    It will NOT have wi-fi guys... no matter how much wishful thinking/posting you do.
    i personally dont care if it has or doesnt have wifi. but i know many people do so i figured id mention it. I do believe that it could be an error as there are a few other errors on that page.
    06-16-09 10:44 AM
    wasn't there all this talk about how every verizon bb starting with the tour was supposed to have WiFi? so I'm guessing the storm 2 wont have it either now. RIM with VZW is like ammonia with bleach
    06-16-09 10:53 AM
    wasn't there all this talk about how every verizon bb starting with the tour was supposed to have WiFi? so I'm guessing the storm 2 wont have it either now. RIM with VZW is like ammonia with bleach
    Every device AFTER the tour will have wifi is what the article said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 12:47 PM
    rumor has it that every phone AFTER the tour "will" have wifi.
    no biggie with me ill stay with big red with/without wifi.
    06-16-09 12:48 PM
    thanks to both you guys for the response. i too will stick with vzw for free calls to friends/family coast to coast. at least they have good coverage haha
    06-16-09 01:02 PM
    Hey guys, this question bothered me... as I saw this new phone come out... But the drawbacks are worse than at first thought... WIFI was one of the number one reasons i upgraded to a Bold from a Curve.

Tour also has..
    No onboard memory, Smaller Keyboard, No support for divx/asf movies...

It's sad..

I wrote an entire blog post showing the downfalls here:

Competition Demolition � Blackberry Bold vs Blackberry Tour - Rim Deceiving The Public

Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to me.. really should be like a 9100 or even a 8990 or something. Definitely confuses the public with such a sad downgrade in so many spots.

Love the 3.2 Megapixel camera idea though, wish they could put that in my Bold.

Dan
    08-12-09 01:19 PM
    I don't even want to begin with how uninformed your post is.

Hey guys, this question bothered me... as I saw this new phone come out... But the drawbacks are worse than at first thought... WIFI was one of the number one reasons i upgraded to a Bold from a Curve.

Tour also has..
    No onboard memory, Smaller Keyboard, No support for divx/asf movies...

It's sad..

I wrote an entire blog post showing the downfalls here:

Competition Demolition � Blackberry Bold vs Blackberry Tour - Rim Deceiving The Public

Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to me.. really should be like a 9100 or even a 8990 or something. Definitely confuses the public with such a sad downgrade in so many spots.

Love the 3.2 Megapixel camera idea though, wish they could put that in my Bold.

Dan
    08-12-09 01:28 PM
    If you have verizon you don't need wifi. Its already to fast!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 01:32 PM
    If you have verizon you don't need wifi. Its already to fast!
    ha, i always say this to my non-verizon friends / co-workers who always bring up wifi. we'll be out in random places and I'll ask them so how's your wifi right now? they'll say they don't have wifi in the middle of the street (like i'm crazy) and i just tell them well I can surf the internet just fine.
    08-12-09 04:08 PM
    Funny, I haven't tried a speed test of wifi versus Edge, but
    I know up here in Canada, internet thru the phone is expensive.

I use wifi not because I don't have signal, but because it's
    cheaper. Also, up at the cabins and other places like traveling
    thru New Denver B.C. there's hotels with free wifi, but there's
    no cell reception there.

The tour's refreshed OS and 3.2mp camera are pretty cool.
    But at this point, I prefer the Divx & Wifi and onboard memory
    even though they're not huge points.

Dan
    08-14-09 12:03 PM
    Why do u need wifi anyway?
    the tour goes on the internet with unlimited data plan anyway!!!
    Please explain it to me
    09-03-09 01:13 PM
    bold is better, heavier yes, but bigger and has wifi
    01-17-10 05:45 PM
    Really? I'm thinking about ditching the bold but I'm also ditching my carrier as well. Going to try out Verizon and get out of T-Mobile. All my co-workers seem to swear by the Tour. Well those who don't own an iphone that is.
    02-01-10 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD