Just went to .591 yesterday and had a lot of problems with my address book, it combined a lot of my entries but here is my big problem. It freezes on specific entries on the big menu, I can still operate the short menu but when i push the logo button its just stuck on whatever icon thats highlighted with no movement. Or coud this just be a problem with my theme? Thanks a lot.
    04-01-10 10:03 AM
    I have not heard any complaints of that one. Have you tried a battery pull?
    04-01-10 10:07 AM
    On the contacts not sure how it would have merged them as it only puts the same file back on the phone. In all the upgrades and downgrades I have done this has never happened.

As for the hanging up it could be the theme if it is a memory hog. What does it show for available memory under options>memory? If you are in the 30-40MB free that may be the issue.

I still have my Tour although not using it as I have gone to the Moto Droid. I did load .591. I previously ran a different 5.0 before down grading in preparation of selling it. So I did the upgrade and pushed over everything from 4.7.0.061. Everything worked fine. I used the phone for the day and then did a hand held wipe. With nothing but factory installed it only hung up two but that was just after the long boot up.
    04-01-10 10:12 AM
    I had the same issue with combining my contacts. I don't think it was the OS however, I believe it was gmail. When I installed gmail and it automatically backed up my contacts, even though my contacts were already in the phone, things got combined.
    04-01-10 10:46 AM
    This whole freezing thing is still happening. Ill be in browser and the arror dissappears and then I go back to the big menu and everything frozen but I go back to the short menu. Should I reinstall the OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 10:08 PM
    Didn't really have that problem either just really the browser click
    04-04-10 10:26 PM
    When I upgraded it divided some of my contacts. (made new entries for same names) It didn't merge any. It did this on my curve too one time I updated. I think just does it sometimes when it updates.
    04-04-10 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD