Or at least this year? I really hope so, because they need to give consumers a different option with getting a new blackberry other than the storm...

As we all know, the storm is a failure, so people are still stuck with their old BB's or buying new curve 8330.
    03-09-09 01:56 PM
    Telus usually get the same BB as verizon does. Usually a month or two after...so we should see it. Question is how long after verizon.

Waiitng to pick one up myself.
    03-09-09 02:57 PM
    Telus got the curve last June (that is when I picked it up ) so it seens reasonable that they would release its predecessor a year later. That is just a random observation though so it doesn't hold any merit :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 07:10 AM
    Telus got the curve last June (that is when I picked it up ) so it seens reasonable that they would release its predecessor a year later. That is just a random observation though so it doesn't hold any merit :P

Predecessor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Successor, but i agree, this could/should be the next device, i love my storm, but want a real keyboard, i cant stand the "clicky" touch screen
    03-10-09 09:56 AM
    I'm hoping this comes to Telus too, but not until late fall when I can renew my contract after the storm
    03-11-09 02:00 PM
    I just sold my storm to buy 8330 curve. The biggest mistake was to get the storm in the first place! Another mistake was I kept it for more than 14 days, hoping things could change. I couldn't handle the pain anymore and just gave up on it.

Now, I have a brand new curve and will keep this until the niagara comes. I don't really care if it's not soon because the 8330 is pretty good.

03-11-09 08:16 PM
    Doesn't telus have a 30 day return policy to return any product you want.....unless they changed it recently...or it was 14 days for the storm...
    03-12-09 07:20 AM
    It's actually 14 days to return (refund) or exchange your handset for a different model. 30 days to just exchange for the same model, but no refund.
    03-12-09 10:37 AM
    Didn't Telus get the Pearl Flip first? Like a few days ago? Those on Verizon are still waiting. But yea generally the BBs come to the States first which is funny since RIM is a Canadian company. I guess they know where their bread is buttered.
    03-12-09 11:37 AM
    ya...we've gotten the last couple BB before the states...

Bold, 8900, and the flip now....not sure if we got the storm before verizon did....

hopefully we get the 9630 around the same time....
    03-12-09 11:55 AM
    Bell got the 8230 first. Then Telus shortly followed within weeks. I'm certain Verizon though is getting the 9630 first.

I'm guessing then that Bell/Telus will follow a month or so after.
    03-12-09 12:05 PM
    Didn't Telus get the Pearl Flip first? Like a few days ago? Those on Verizon are still waiting. But yea generally the BBs come to the States first which is funny since RIM is a Canadian company. I guess they know where their bread is buttered.
    i am canadian and you think they would give us first pick?
    sure they sell more there but come on im sure rim isnt hurting for the cash!
    03-13-09 10:40 PM
    Just like the Bold and Curve 8900 came to the US first,
    03-14-09 10:50 AM
    I wish they made the 8900 on CDMA too. The 83xx series were like that. I really hate where we can't upgrade our BB's other than with the failed storm. Curve is awesome, but still.. We need more choices other than the 8330, especially for people wanting a new job.

03-15-09 12:46 AM
    Telus got the curve last June (that is when I picked it up
    TELUS released the Curve in April.

03-15-09 07:09 PM
    Hopefully soon. Buying the 8330 next week because I can't really wait to get into a BlackBerry (free now, or pay full price later) and I'll sell my 8330 to a friend and buy the 9630. It is the exact device I've been looking for. Bold's keyboard without the Bold's size, 3G CDMA, the same nice screen, new generation. Checks off all the boxes.

~Bcloutier~
    03-15-09 10:13 PM
    well all those (who are like me) patiently awaiting the niagara "shouldnt" have to wait much longer. A leak of a image screenshot of telus' SKU inventory for the niagara has been released. This means it should be here soon, I assume the first week of June if not earlier.

YAY
    Last edited by ronald_r3; 05-12-09 at 01:09 PM.
    05-12-09 11:57 AM
    Nice! Any link to this picture?

05-12-09 02:54 PM
    well all those (who are like me) patiently awaiting the niagara "shouldnt" have to wait much longer. A leak of a image screenshot of telus' SKU inventory for the niagara has been released. This means it should be here soon, I assume the first week of June if not earlier.

YAY
    i believe the picture was a SKU for a niagara/tour case or something like that -- but it was quickly taken down.

im not sure this is surefire proof that it's coming in june, as suggested above, but they'll definitely be getting the tour to say the least..
    05-12-09 03:08 PM
    I am going to go with Crucial_Xtreme on this on.
    It should be out in Canada first so if you do the math July 13-17 minus 1 month = June 13-17.
    All I know is that I want it now.
    05-12-09 04:45 PM
    Or at least this year? I really hope so, because they need to give consumers a different option with getting a new blackberry other than the storm...

As we all know, the storm is a failure, so people are still stuck with their old BB's or buying new curve 8330.

we dont "all" know that the storm is failure as I am very happy with my storm.. I would like a updated os' but to say its a failure is not really the correct word..

its a different experience than a typical blackberry but by no means is it a failure.
    05-12-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD