Hey all-

When charging at night... the clock comes on (the keys stay lite the whole time too). Is that bad for the phone? I wasnt sure if having the keys/screen on for like 6 hours at a time would be bad for it.

Any insight?
    07-20-09 08:41 PM
    This was causing my phone to overheat. As suggested by another poster, when you put your phone on the charger, hit the menu button to go back to your main wallpaper screen. The phone will dim and go dark from there...no more clock running and no more overheating if you're one that's experienced it.
    07-20-09 08:49 PM
    thanks!

mine gets warm during the day too.... grrrr
    07-20-09 08:57 PM
    you can turn it off by going into the options menu while the clock is running. other than that, i keep the clock on while im sleeping cuz i think its cool and i have no problems with it
    07-20-09 08:58 PM
    Go to clock, hit the blackberry button, and enter bedside mode. The keys should go dark, and the clock will stay on. It works on my phone.
    07-20-09 09:02 PM
    Go to clock, hit the blackberry button, and enter bedside mode. The keys should go dark, and the clock will stay on. It works on my phone.
    thats what i do and i leave it plugged in all night. no overheating for me.
    07-20-09 09:06 PM
    I always close it just bc I dont like it running the whole time. When you plug in just hit the back button and you will be good to go.
    07-20-09 09:08 PM
    i like the clock but i dont want to over heat my BB
    07-20-09 09:11 PM
    Yup, this is what I do, also. No overheating here. The alarm doesn't go very loud though.
    07-20-09 09:18 PM
    go to menu key>bedside mode

also peek through the options for bedside mode
    07-20-09 09:27 PM
    I'm not understanding this "over-heating" thing you Guys are talking about here. If you don't want the clock to light up and stay lit up (especially if it causes your BB to overheat) you can turn that off.

Peace
    07-20-09 09:35 PM
    I noticed that my keys are staying on all night also. Went into options for the clock, changed to bedside mode, let's hope that fixes my issue.
    07-26-09 09:30 AM
    I noticed that my keys are staying on all night also. Went into options for the clock, changed to bedside mode, let's hope that fixes my issue.
    Just a heads up so some of you don't have to waste your time coming back saying" your led indicators don't work". Bed side disables your led indicator. So don't forget to turn bedside mode off in the morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 09:49 AM
    Yes bedside mode is awesome when u have a charging cradle....makes more room on the nightstand by not needing a clock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD