I just went out of town and noticed that the clock on my Tour didn't automatically change when I changed time zones. I double checked and it IS set to use network time, which was displayed correctly in the Date/Time settings. Originally I thought it may be an OS issue (I'm running .419) but one of the girls I was with also has a Tour with the stock Verizon 4.7 on it (EDIT: ...and was having the same issue).

Any ideas?
    03-13-10 05:49 PM
    The network time is the always the same. The BB corrects it based on your Time Zone selection, which I believe has to be corrected manually.

I see an option in 5.0 on my 8330 to "Auto Update Time Zone" that I don't think I've seen in prior versions. That would do what you want, I think.
    03-13-10 06:01 PM
    Well I feel like a moron... How did I miss that?

Thanks for the help Scionic!
    03-13-10 06:04 PM
    Prior to getting my 9700 I didn't have that option, and when I would go out of town it was pretty frustrating not to have the right time on my phone. I just spent two weeks in Maui, and when I powered my BB on after landing, the sweet phone asked my permission to change to the local time zone! Awesome!

It's pretty disconcerting though, to look into your calendar and see that the appointments are all based on your home network time. Yikes! A 4:00 am meeting? Hmmm...
    03-13-10 06:14 PM
    JeffH did a great job of explaining why the BB does this. The Auto-Update Time is a new feature too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/
    03-13-10 06:26 PM
    You have the option of setting the time by network or by RIM Blackberry network also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD