Silly me, my trackball was sticking, and VZ sent me a new one. I used the bb dm to switch devices, everything seemed fine. I went to my backup assistant to do what I thought was activating the automatic backup, instead, every contact I've ever had (the last 5 years) updated to my phone.

So now instead of having the 50-75 contacts I need on there, I have a few hundred. You know, old co-workers, old friends I dont talk to, ...old girlfriends).

I want to get back just to the contacts I need. I still have the old device. What would you recommend as the easiest way to trim my new device to the contact list I need? One by One deletion isnt the best option, I've already run into old numbers and changed numbers, emails, etc.

Whats the best way to clear my contacts on my new device, and upload contacts from my old device? That's it though, everything else is trasferred and working.
    08-13-10 07:54 PM
    Ok, here's the deal. On DM, in the backup/restore section there will be an advanced button. From the old device, make a backup by pressing backup and save that somewhere convenient, you'll need it now. Unplug the old device, plug in the new device. Hit advanced, and select the backup you had just made. Select contacts or address book (I forget which) and tell it to send that one database to the new device. Then you should be done...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 08:05 PM
    Thanks, but would that clear my new phone and import only these contacts? or am I still stuck with all the old ones I dont need that are now on here...?
    08-13-10 08:19 PM
    It will overwrite the current database, so whatever database you pick to change will be changed absolutely. It will not merge the databases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD