I bought a replacement battery (D-X1) for the Tour from a seller named batteryconnection on eBay. It looked like a first-party RIM battery with a green sticker. They have excellent feedback and promised a 3-year warranty. The battery arrived, and I happily tossed my old one and put in this one, just to find out that the new battery doesn't even hold a 12-hour charge on standby and less than 5 hours when in use.

I looked closely and found the printing on the green sticker to be muddy. I am convinced these people just sell counterfeits. Not sure how they got thousands and thousands in positive feedback.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy a replacement D-X1 that's guaranteed to be genuine AND not refurbished? I don't trust those eBay/Amazon sellers anymore, and the RIM store prices are outrageous (something like $70.00!).
    07-18-11 12:30 AM
    Why won't you buy one right here at the crackberry store? Its authentic and cost like $25.00. I bought one for my Tour and it last a good 6 hrs longer then my original.
    07-18-11 06:28 PM
    Was your Tour purchased new from Sprint or Verizon within the last two years? If your 2 year contract is not yet up on your Tour, I recommend taking your phone to your authorized Sprint or Verizon store and telling them your battery didn't last the length of your contract. There is a chance they will replace your battery with a new one for no charge. Sprint especially has great customer support in my experience. I haven't had the same good experience with Verizon, but it's still worth a try with them as well if they are your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 12:43 AM
    I called Verizon about 9 months after getting my Tour to complain about the short battery life I was starting to have and they sent a brand new battery by FedEx.

07-24-11 06:55 AM
    That's good to hear. It looks like both Sprint & Verizon have shown their customers some mercy with batteries for Tours that have gone bad too quickly. Sprint replaced mine with no problem.

07-25-11 03:59 PM
    I bought this guy:
    Amazon.com: RIM BAT-17720-002 Standard Battery - Battery - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Seems good so far, way better than my one that was randomly causing my phone to restart.
    07-25-11 05:43 PM
    I bought this one at Amazon in May and it works GREAT!
    07-28-11 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD