Why on the Tour is the port for charging on the right? Most Berries are on the left and I find the right is weird as well considering most phones are on the left.
    08-14-09 08:57 AM
    Why on the Tour is the port for charging on the right? Most Berries are on the left and I find the right is weird as well considering most phones are on the left.
    I thought I was the only one that found this odd. Its really not a big deal, just weird when ur typing and you have a charger attached.
    08-14-09 08:59 AM
    This was practicle joke by RIM. Not really - I am sure this was designed this way for the most part since there is a lot more inside this device and that may have dictated the placement on the right side.

I would recommend looking into a charging cradle. Much easier and less wear and tear on the USB charging/sync port
    08-14-09 09:00 AM
    I thought I was the only one that found this odd. Its really not a big deal, just weird when ur typing and you have a charger attached.
    Yeah for sure! And it just more naturally wants to be on the left. Legit like 70% of the time I go to plug in my Tour I get ready to put it in on the left but then have to turn it around and put it in on the right. And it's not because my old phone had it on the left. My old phone had it on the bottom. Not that big of a deal--just seems odd and I'm suprised no one made a thread about this yet!
    08-14-09 09:01 AM
    Agreed Lastraid, the OEM charging cradle is the way to go, very convienient...
    08-14-09 09:05 AM
    yeah I think its weird too
    08-14-09 09:06 AM
    Agreed Lastraid, the OEM charging cradle is the way to go, very convienient...

yeah I'm definitely thinking of using that. Does it come with a charging cord though or do you have to use your own?
    08-14-09 09:08 AM
    Yep definitely my only complaint about this phone right now
    08-14-09 09:10 AM
    yeah I'm definitely thinking of using that. Does it come with a charging cord though or do you have to use your own?
    You just plug the wall charger that came with the phone into it. It doesn't come with one unfortunately
    08-14-09 09:11 AM
    You just plug the wall charger that came with the phone into it. It doesn't come with one unfortunately
    Eh that's kind of annoying because in getting the dock I would like it to stay permanently by my bed and have an extra charger to take when I go places without having to undo my dock. I don't want to have to buy a charger and and dock. Oh well we'll see my birthday is coming up (:
    08-14-09 09:13 AM
    Well it does stay perminately at your bed but I guess if you're moving the wall charger around alot to charge then I guess it'll be pointless but they just don't come with another charger. I guess that's how it's always been. It's just an attachment for the wall charger.
    08-14-09 09:16 AM
    You will just have belly up to a store counter or online store and purchase another charging cable
    08-14-09 09:18 AM
    Yeah for sure! And it just more naturally wants to be on the left. Legit like 70% of the time I go to plug in my Tour I get ready to put it in on the left but then have to turn it around and put it in on the right. And it's not because my old phone had it on the left. My old phone had it on the bottom. Not that big of a deal--just seems odd and I'm suprised no one made a thread about this yet!
    HAHA! I seriously do that every time I get in my car and when i plug it in at night. I think it has to do with the fact that the tour is my 6th blackberry model, and all the previous have had the the charging port on the left.
    The CrackBerry store had a special when I bought mine, you could add the power cord to the cradle, for just a few bucks more...
    Wife got one ebay - OEM cradle, but the charging cord is after market. $15 including shipping.
    08-14-09 09:35 AM
    I'll add to this...I'm also not wild about the headphone jack being located on the right side. It seems like the layout on my old 8330 curve was better with both the headphone jack and charging port on the left. I'm sure those among us that are left-handed would disagree.

These are very minor complaints all in all, I love everything else about this phone.
    08-14-09 09:44 AM
    I do the same thing!!!!! I just can't seem to get it in my head that the port is on the right side on the Tour. Might look into getting the charging port for work though.
    08-14-09 09:49 AM
    All new devices will be released with the right hand side charging port. Sorry! Standard will be Micro USB as well.
    08-14-09 09:52 AM
    I'll add to this...I'm also not wild about the headphone jack being located on the right side. It seems like the layout on my old 8330 curve was better with both the headphone jack and charging port on the left. I'm sure those among us that are left-handed would disagree.
    This left-hander does not disagree. B)

I'd really prefer it on the bottomn, to be honest, but I just got me the charging cradle and all is well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 10:01 AM
    I dont think I would mind this as much if the port was a little higher as to where it wouldnt get in the way of using the keyboard... I find it annoying.
    I ordered a charging pod already.
    08-14-09 11:48 AM
    This left-hander does not disagree. B)

I'd really prefer it on the bottomn, to be honest, but I just got me the charging cradle and all is well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm a cradle user myself, it's easily the best accessory to have!
    08-14-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD