Is there any way I have been unable to find searching to change the startup sound after a reboot? I am not a fan of the BB "jingle".

Yes - I have searched. No happiness there.

Thanks
    07-17-10 07:08 PM
    The only way to change any of the start up stuff is with an illegally acquired program that is not for public use. You can do some serious damage to the device if you don't know what you are doing.

Don't ask for the name of the program either, as I don't think that discussion about it allowed here.
    07-17-10 08:31 PM
    OK - I was afraid I that was what the answer would be. It just couldn't be easy.

Thanks all the same . . .
    07-17-10 08:37 PM
    Odd. I have a Verizon BB Tour and it does not make any startup sounds, ever. I have a Verizon BB Tour. I have had it for six months. I just pulled the battery to try and get your sound and never got it.
    07-18-10 08:14 AM
    This is an Accessibility feature.

Try Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility > Event Sounds > Off
    07-18-10 08:17 AM
    This is an Accessibility feature.

Try Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility > Event Sounds > Off
    Yes Ma'am. However, I have the sounds enabled intentionally. I just don't really like the start up bells.
    07-18-10 08:42 AM
    I have a feeling that the sounds at start up may be related to OS, I have my sound effects to on since I got mine and mine makes no sounds at all when it starts.
    07-18-10 09:00 AM
    Yes Ma'am. However, I have the sounds enabled intentionally. I just don't really like the start up bells.
    Yeah, as noted above, you can't change the sound.

I also posted that for the poster above who indicated that he has never heard the sound.
    07-18-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD