I have the 9630. When you create a new folder on the home screen, you can choose from a set number of "folder pictures". How can I upload and cahnge these to something that I want. What I mean is that I want to create a new folder on the home screen and use a picture that I want, and not one of the plain default pics.
    10-19-09 10:56 PM
    What you do and how you manipulate your icons are theme related. With the OEM theme, what you see is all you get. You'll have to explore the different themes available for the Tour and find something that suits you.
    10-19-09 11:36 PM
    What you do and how you manipulate your icons are theme related. With the OEM theme, what you see is all you get. You'll have to explore the different themes available for the Tour and find something that suits you.
    There are ways to manipulate the default email icons without changing themes, and I thought there might be way to do the same with the folder icons.
    10-19-09 11:42 PM
    ...How can I upload and cahnge these to something that I want. What I mean is that I want to create a new folder on the home screen and use a picture that I want, and not one of the plain default pics.
    There are ways to manipulate the default email icons without changing themes, and I thought there might be way to do the same with the folder icons.
    I'm stating that you've discovered and reached your limitations with regards to customizing your folders and icons. If you want customization over and above, you need a different theme. You can not have an image for a folder. BTW, can you advise me how you changed the default email icons?
    10-19-09 11:57 PM
    I'm stating that you've discovered and reached your limitations with regards to customizing your folders and icons. If you want customization over and above, you need a different theme. You can not have an image for a folder. BTW, can you advise me how you changed the default email icons?
    How to: Customize Blackberry Email and Folder Icons � BerryManual.com
    10-20-09 12:02 AM
    Thanks! That's pretty sweet! I may try a little customization myself. Anyway, my original response was under the assumption that you were strictly stock. When I said you need a different theme, I should have included app. I did say 'OEM'.
    10-20-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD