My phone was unusually quiet this afternoon and I found that the network radio had turned itself off. First time this happened in the 6 weeks I have had the Tour. Anyone else had this happen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 06:37 PM
    I got my Tour yesterday and THOUGHT that it did that twice yesterday. I don't think I ran anything that would terminate all connections but I might have. I don't think there are any shortcut keys to do that on the Tour and I have limited 3rd party apps that might do that.

I plan on watching for it further.

I actually called Global today to unlock my sim card and I mentioned it to her since we had to turn off all-connections. She noted on it my record. She said she also did Tech and also suggested I watched it. It was she who mentioned she thought there might be a "quick key" that does that.
    09-08-09 07:42 PM
    To the OP-did you have a low battery when this happened?

09-08-09 07:44 PM
    To the OP-did you have a low battery when this happened?

I was in my office all afternoon with my Tour charging on AC. I didn't check but it should have been 100% charged.

09-08-09 07:58 PM
    What about bedside mode? Did you make any adjustments there? Did you explore the bedside functions? If the device is set to turn the radio off during bedside mode, you have to manually turn it back on.
    09-08-09 08:56 PM
    the only time the radio will turn off by itself is if the battery is very low flashing a red battery icon. then from there you will have to charge the phone, then manually turn back on the radio.

maybe you had your phone almost die on you before you charged it and didn't know the radio got turned off?
    09-08-09 09:02 PM
    I've seen it happen here as well, definitely wasn't because it was out of juice either. This is Tour #3, not sure that this particular phone has done it though. But I've only had it about 10 days.

09-08-09 09:11 PM
    No luck with bedside mode...I only have it set to dim the screen.

I don't think the battery got that low but I can't be sure. At what point does the radio shut off?

09-08-09 09:11 PM
    . At what point does the radio shut off?

when the battery icon is flashing red
    09-08-09 09:12 PM
    when the battery icon is flashing red
    Thanks.

It would be nice if there was an audible alarm that the radio is off. It's pretty easy to miss as it is.

09-08-09 09:20 PM
    Thanks.

It would be nice if there was an audible alarm that the radio is off. It's pretty easy to miss as it is.

theres no audible alarm, but the LED does start to flash red as well once it gets this low
    09-08-09 09:24 PM
    Okay.

Just happened again when I plugged in the usb cable and the CLOCK came up. When I ESCAPED out of the Clock the Radio was off.

But I just checked. Under Options, I do have Disable Radio set to Off. So it should not be turning off the Radio. Bug?

Since I'm not into this bedside mode anyway, how do I stop it from running when I plug in ac or the usb?
    09-08-09 11:17 PM
    Okay.

Just happened again when I plugged in the usb cable and the CLOCK came up. When I ESCAPED out of the Clock the Radio was off.

But I just checked. Under Options, I do have Disable Radio set to Off. So it should not be turning off the Radio. Bug?

Since I'm not into this bedside mode anyway, how do I stop it from running when I plug in ac or the usb?
    Was your battery very low when you plugged it in?

Under clock options, set it to do nothing when plugged in.

09-09-09 12:47 AM
    No, the battery was quite fine - maybe one bar down from full.

I think I got the Options set. Since I have mine set to turn off at night anyway, I don't need the clock/bedside mode.
    09-09-09 01:20 AM
    this has happened to me too, twice yesterday and a couple times this weekend. However, both times it happened, it was plugged into computer while sync'ing contacts/calendar. After I unplugged, radio had turned off. Not a big deal since those were the only times it has happened to me, however, still a little annoying.
    09-09-09 08:29 AM
    this has happened to me too, twice yesterday and a couple times this weekend. However, both times it happened, it was plugged into computer while sync'ing contacts/calendar. After I unplugged, radio had turned off. Not a big deal since those were the only times it has happened to me, however, still a little annoying.
    I had done a sync before the radio turned off so that may have been the problem for me as well. I'll definitely watch for that with each sync from now on.
    09-09-09 08:46 AM
    I just did a sync and the radio was off after. Seems like a bug...why would the radio need to turn off to sync to Outlook or backup with DM?
    09-09-09 11:49 AM
    I just did a sync and the radio was off after. Seems like a bug...why would the radio need to turn off to sync to Outlook or backup with DM?
    i don't know but it just did the same thing to me again. Oh well. Its not the end of the world, just annoying.
    09-09-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD