Hey guys..I'm new to Blackberries and Crackberry...I been reading good info from you guys for a week or 2..so I figured you guys are the best to get an answer to my question.

I spoke to both Telus and Bell people...and they've told me it would come out late April-early May so I'm wondering..does anyone know if Canada usually gets Blackberries before the US?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
    03-19-09 03:50 PM
    Yeah aero!!! That sucks.

I thought maybe you had coverage issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 03:57 PM
    Really hope the officail OS is out for the Storm before the 9630 drops. I would love to get to choose between the 2.
    Had a Curve, stuck with a Voyager right now. This phone may be prepairng me for a flawless Storm...if that ever becomes a reality. I'm told everything happens for a reason.
    Don't think I would have gone with touch screen anything but after using this peice for a while I kind of like it. All though I have the full QWERTY as well to fall back on...which I do seem to do pretty often.
    03-19-09 04:04 PM
    I doubt Canada will get it before the U.S. but then again you never know.
    As much as i wish they would release it sooner, I'm kinda glad I have to wait as I just spent a huge chunk of my savings on a new computer.... lol
    If rumours are true, May sounds about right for me, gives me time to recover.
    03-19-09 04:14 PM
    Im gonna have to relay the date to my Verizon peeps! Thx...
    03-19-09 04:24 PM
    Ok cuz my contract ends in May..so anytime around in May or before would be great.

But with the other models...like the Curve 8900 and the Bold..did they come out in Canada before the US?
    03-19-09 04:33 PM
    But with the other models...like the Curve 8900 and the Bold..did they come out in Canada before the US?
    Yes, they did.
    03-19-09 04:37 PM
    Like I said in another post... So you mean Canadian RIM would release to Canadian carriers before American ones?? Damned Canucks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 04:41 PM
    Ok thanks for answering my questions..seems like Telus and Bell reps were right and we'll indeed get it in late April-early May...if Verizon and other US carriers are getting it in May for sure.
    03-19-09 04:49 PM
    i think its important for them to get this out in May, for the reason of the new iphone software has already been announced and I'd imagine the new Iphone itself will be unveiled in June.
    03-19-09 05:55 PM
    i think its important for them to get this out in May, for the reason of the new iphone software has already been announced and I'd imagine the new Iphone itself will be unveiled in June.
    Great point. They are going to want to get it out there and maybe start running commercials to compete with the iPhone...again. And maybe word will be out by then that the Storm is actually functional. If Verizon plays their cards right, it could be a good summer for them, even with the most amazing iPhone to date coming out in June.
    03-20-09 12:26 AM
    QUOTE=2PlusTheFoul;2011746]Hey guys..I'm new to Blackberries and Crackberry...I been reading good info from you guys for a week or 2..so I figured you guys are the best to get an answer to my question.

I spoke to both Telus and Bell people...and they've told me it would come out late April-early May so I'm wondering..does anyone know if Canada usually gets Blackberries before the US?

Thanks in advance for any answers![/QUOTE]

Were the people you spoke to at BELL and TELUS above the Service/Customer Rep. level? Because it sure would be great if those dates are accurate. At BELL reps. are told three weeks in advance of a new models release date.

Will keep my fingers crossed.

- CB

KEEP ON CRACKIN'

03-20-09 02:33 AM
    Great point. They are going to want to get it out there and maybe start running commercials to compete with the iPhone...again. And maybe word will be out by then that the Storm is actually functional. If Verizon plays their cards right, it could be a good summer for them, even with the most amazing iPhone to date coming out in June.
    yup and honestly, i never thought I'd say this...I'm almost considering the switch. they addresses a few weak points in the 3.0 event and there's even more that hasn't been seen. If the new phone itself is a significant upgrade, I am going to have to take a serious look at it.
    03-20-09 06:10 AM
    ok Guys, About to jump into the Blackberry world.

My EnV is now shutting itself off on its own and is getting very annoying to me.

Do y'all think i should wait for this one or just get the curve now?

Also what is the speculation on the cost? Do we think that this is going to cost more then the storm with a 2/yr contract. I was looking at att site ad think the price of the bold at 299 is a bit steep. Do we think this will be priced the same way?

Thanks for all the help.
    03-20-09 08:02 AM
    ok Guys, About to jump into the Blackberry world.

My EnV is now shutting itself off on its own and is getting very annoying to me.

Do y'all think i should wait for this one or just get the curve now?

Also what is the speculation on the cost? Do we think that this is going to cost more then the storm with a 2/yr contract. I was looking at att site ad think the price of the bold at 299 is a bit steep. Do we think this will be priced the same way?

Thanks for all the help.
    I would most certainly wait for this phone. The Niagara is going to blow the 8330 out of the water. No point in buying, what really is a 2 year old phone now when a new one is due out in 2 months. I'd imagine it will be the same cost as the curve/storm is. It being 199 on a 2 year contract. This is just my guess. I mean really the insides are the same as the Storm. Your just swapping out the exterior for the 8900 screen and Bold keyboard
    03-20-09 08:05 AM
    MrPalmer, the Niagara would be a great place to jump into the BB World. It will be something that you can hang onto for a long time and not have to worry what lies ahead in 6 months.
    03-20-09 08:06 AM
    Were the people you spoke to at BELL and TELUS above the Service/Customer Rep. level? Because it sure would be great if those dates are accurate. At BELL reps. are told three weeks in advance of a new models release date.
    Naw they were service reps for Telus...and in-store staff for Bell..Telus said late-April..early May like they were unsure which of the two...Bell said it for sure with a quick answer..like they were certan. Take it for what you want...but I'm just hoping they're right..especially since I understand we tend to get blackberries before the US
    03-20-09 07:30 PM
    if it truely is late april i am surprised no official announcement has been made yet i mean its only a month away. i do hope it drops in canada in april so we can get it in may.
    03-20-09 07:36 PM
    Another thing you can add to the speculation is the fact that the summer season is starting..and I don't kno about Verizon and them..but Telus and I'm sure the other Canadian carriers roll out new phones and plans for the summer season just like the back to school season and holiday season.

Just something to add to the optimism that a lot of us have.
    03-20-09 08:37 PM
    Hey everyone, first post here.
    I have a question regarding Virgin Mobile Canada and was looking for some answers. I went down to the mall yesterday and a couple different reps for Virgin said they have 3 new phones coming in within 4-6 weeks. They don't know what they are yet, but one will be a smartphone. Im hoping its the Niagara as the timing seems to be dead on. However, Virgin was late in getting Blackberrys and I'm wondering if Telus and Bell will have them sometime before Virgin would get them? If thats the case I might just go get the Curve 8330 altough my eyes are set on the newer lineup of BB's.
    03-21-09 12:10 PM
    plz come to Cellular south
    03-25-09 01:59 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD