This might of been mentioned in an earlier thread, and I apologize if so, but being new to BB, might anyone know if there is a cap on the data per month? I have heard 5g and that is rather hard to obtain in a month's time....unless one might be refreshing the browser for stocks and listening to streaming music? In other words, can I surf/email to my hearts content per month? Thanks for your help! Newbie Tour owner and loving it so much!
    07-13-09 11:39 AM
    The 5GB cap is alot more than it seems. It's very hard to achieve and one would have to make a conscious effort to go over 5GB on a constant basis. I've tried over and over to see how much data I can use by streaming Orb and Slacker, sometimes just leaving it connected and not listening. The highest I've gone is 1.5 GB and that was streaming for about 3 hours a day on Orb.

I'd say maybe if you're constantly streaming full length movies everyday you'd break the cap, and from there Vzw would start to throttle back your bandwith. From there you'd get cut off and get a letter stating why.

Maybe someone here has had that happen or seen it happen and can explain better, but that's my take on it.
    07-13-09 11:45 AM
    you can always get the unlimited data plan- which is more of neccessity for any BB owner-
    07-13-09 11:45 AM
    Look back through earlier threads. It's all covered there. Everyone has the unlimited plan, NO CAP, unless you tether. Then that's another story. I don't do it so I don't worry about it. But again, just search for it and it will be there.
    07-13-09 11:47 AM
    I stream Slacker Radio on average of 6 hours a day Monday thru Friday at work not to mention some browsing and of course some CB time and last month I used 1.7GB. I believe the Unlimited BB Data for Verizon which i have is still at the 5GB limit but not sure. All i know is I have not been able to break 2GB and I am on my phone constantly.
    07-13-09 11:49 AM
    Thanks to you all for the help!
    07-13-09 12:58 PM
    I have the BIS (rather than BES) plan and I believe they advertise it with a 5GB cap. I have orb streaming XM from my home PC at 128kbps. That chews through a lot but it should be OK.
    07-13-09 01:09 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder If I exceed 5gb every month they'll cut me off, and I won't have to pay for data anymore.
    07-13-09 01:25 PM
    the plan says unlimited but under a user agreement the there is a 5gb cap sorta, they wont shut you down or anything but if you go over the 5gbs they contact you letting you know that if you keep going over they will cap it or charge you i believe.
    07-13-09 02:07 PM
    I'm not really sure about something. I upgraded to the Tour from a Moto Q that had a data plan on it that I never went over on. When I upgraded I changed nothing in my plan. Is it possible that I don't have an unlimited data plan? I believe I pay like 45 bucks a month extra.
    07-13-09 02:18 PM
    I've been over 5gB on a few occassions with my 8330...

Never had a letter or a higher bill. unlimited plan from over a year ago. Don't know what to say. I don't stream a whole lot, but there is a lot of web browsing and many apps are open and running with data reqs.
    07-13-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD