I am currently not a blackberry user, but was going to wait for the Niagara/Tour. Is their any way i can sweet talk verizon into giving me a refurbrished curve without them extending my contract. I would still upgrade when the Tour is released. I just can't deal with my lg chocolate anymore. It doesn't even hold a charge.
    04-24-09 09:30 AM
    No. Check Ebay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:42 AM
    Good luck with that.
    04-24-09 10:49 AM
    Ebay is no good either. i have been looking since the storm came out for a cheap curve ... and unless your willing to pay 200 bucks for a used curve your out of luck .
    04-24-09 11:00 AM
    Ebay is no good either. i have been looking since the storm came out for a cheap curve ... and unless your willing to pay 200 bucks for a used curve your out of luck .
    I watched several Ebay auctions for 2 weeks until I found and purchased one for $160 including shipping. The key is to keep track of the trends for what time of day or night the bidding slows down, such as late night or early morning. Be patient and you can purchase for a good price.

Be certain to ask the seller detailed questions about the cosmetic and functional conditions, as well as the return policy. Be absolutely certain to obtain the ESN# before you bid! Then, call the phone carrier to verify whether the ESN# is clean. If the seller will not give you the ESN# before you bid, I would steer clear.
    04-24-09 11:06 AM
    Try Craigs. I just quickly checked in my area and there are plenty Curve's under $150, and I'm sure that in a few months you can resell it on there for what you pay today.

And with Craigs, you could even have the seller meet you at the carrier's store to be sure it will hookup to their network, so risk is lower than on eBay.
    04-24-09 11:16 AM
    all the verizon curves on ebay/craigslist are $150 plus. my contract is up already and i have 2 lines. couldn't i threaten to switch carriers?
    04-24-09 11:27 AM
    I would definitely try Craigslist. There are hundreds of Curves for sale that are decently priced. I just sold two red 8330's for $150 each on Craigs last week.
    04-24-09 11:27 AM
    all the verizon curves on ebay/craigslist are $150 plus. my contract is up already and i have 2 lines. couldn't i threaten to switch carriers?
    Yes, but I bet you will be disappointed at how ineffective that strategy is. Try craigslist. If not, wait it out. It will be worth it.
    04-24-09 12:07 PM
    It just hard for me to buy a curve for even 150..... idk , guess i just see it selling for like .99 bucks lol
    04-24-09 12:33 PM
    Yeah sold my curve from sprint for 150...
    04-24-09 03:06 PM
    i got no where with the verizon reps. the just want to sign up for another 2 years. plan B, anyone wanna give me their unused verizon curve?
    04-25-09 08:27 AM
    i got no where with the verizon reps. the just want to sign up for another 2 years. plan B, anyone wanna give me their unused verizon curve?
    Buy a pearl. A lot of people have old pearls they don't use including me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 08:36 AM
    i don't like the suretype keyboard on the pearls.
    04-25-09 09:13 AM
    You should just wait man. When is the Tour coming out? I think it was like May 9th? Dude you can go a couple more weeks with your chocolate.
    04-25-09 10:44 AM
    The 9630 may not come out til september/october at the latest. I would definitely get a curve or a pearl off ebay to hold you off until then
    04-25-09 05:12 PM
    i'm bidding an some curve's off ebay now. if i don't win, any fellow crackberry members want to sell me their old verizon curve?
    04-25-09 07:17 PM
    this confuses me, if you get a cure off ebay, you have to activate it, so wouldnt your 2-year contract start again ?? i dont wanna wait until next may to get the niagara
    04-26-09 12:37 PM
    this confuses me, if you get a cure off ebay, you have to activate it, so wouldnt your 2-year contract start again ?? i dont wanna wait until next may to get the niagara
    That's only if you buy the phone from Verizon and get the (deeply discounted) two-year contract price. If you buy your own phone and activate it, it doesn't renew your contract. Mind you, that's Verizon only. I know nothing about other carriers.

One word of warning about Ebay: I bought a Curve last week from a Power Seller who has 100% positive feedback. I paid for it via PayPal the minute the bidding closed and received a receipt from the seller. Now admittedly, it has only been a week since I bought it, but I haven't received it, I've had a couple of questions go unanswered by the seller all week and shortly after the transaction went through, the seller name on the transaction record on Ebay changed. Maybe everything will turn out great, my Curve will show up in the mail tomorrow and sunshine and happiness will reign, but for the moment, I'm thinking caveat emptor when it comes to Ebay. Good luck!
    04-26-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD