I have seen this posted a couple of times with no solution so forgive the repeat but I need to try...

I cannot text someone after they have left me a voicemail without either deleting the message thread or trying to deleat that one item and then pulling the battery for a reboot.

Has anyone found a solution to this very annoying problem?
    04-25-10 08:26 PM
    What carrier?
    What OS version on the device?
    04-25-10 08:46 PM
    it's Verizon. This started after I upgraded to 5.0
    04-30-10 08:18 AM
    same thing here. it's documented as a known issue, but as far as i can tell there is no fix for it ... except for deleting the whole sms thread, which is pretty annoying.
    04-30-10 10:27 AM
    i just ran wireless update and it showed an available update. i let it install even though i didn't expect it to be anything new, but that sms problem seems to be corrected. maybe give that a try. ymmv.
    04-30-10 08:02 PM
    so frustrating I just checked for a wireless update and it says none available. Maybe I should try calling Verizon again...

Thank you for your help!
    05-01-10 12:47 PM
    I just got a new blackberry tour a couple of weeks ago and that phone did the same thing. I returned it for a new blackberry tour and this phone does it also. I called tech support and we wiped the phone, but it didnt fix the problem. Did you find out a way to fix it?
    05-04-10 01:15 PM
    I wish I did. The weird thing is it happens with some of my contacts but not all. The contacts it does happen with do not belong to the same carrier. One is verizon and one is sprint. If I find a solution...I will definitely post it.
    05-04-10 07:43 PM
    Hmmm.....that's strange. I'm pretty sure it happens with all of my contacts no matter what carrier they are with. I'm guessing it's a software problem but I'm not sure. I'm going to return this blackberry today and if I find out a solution to the problem, I'll post it as well.
    05-05-10 09:13 AM
    same thing here. it's documented as a known issue, but as far as i can tell there is no fix for it ... except for deleting the whole sms thread, which is pretty annoying.
    If you delete the sms with the voicemail message then you won't need to delete the whole sms thread with that contact.

Hopefully they fix this problem. It's very annoying.
    05-05-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD