I have unlimited data plan and never came across this problem. I receive emails and texts all day. I can respond to text messages. Whenever I write an email back to the person I can't get it to send. I write the message hit the trackball in, click send but the screen just sits there. I can't save either I can only discard. I have little memory left (7mb). Maybe that is the issue?
    09-02-10 01:25 PM
    Had the same problem. It turned out to be a network problem.
    -calls and emails could only be received, not sent
    -when trying to send emails, a red X formed next to it.
    -whenever I tried to make a call, it would take me to my service provider's automated customer service.

Best way of dealing with this, that I found, was to call them from a different phone and talk to a CS rep.

They'll have you go through
    Settings>Mobile Network>(Blackberry button)>"Update Profile" and maybe "Diagnostics Test"

If you don't feel like calling, you can try this on your own (really doesn't hurt), but I think you'd need them to do some work on their side for it to be effective.
    09-04-10 09:42 AM
    I have unlimited data plan and never came across this problem. I receive emails and texts all day. I can respond to text messages. Whenever I write an email back to the person I can't get it to send. I write the message hit the trackball in, click send but the screen just sits there. I can't save either I can only discard. I have little memory left (7mb). Maybe that is the issue?
    Plug into the computer and make a backup of your data by using Desktop Manager just incase it won't reboot properly with such low memory.

When was the last time you did a battery pull? If you're not familiar with the procedure, with the phone on, remove the battery, I recommend waiting ~60 seconds or so and put it back in and then wait until it boots back up. And wait. And wait... After you have gotten bored of waiting for it to boot up, it will. Then check your memory, and try to send some emails.

What exactly do you have stored on there that your device memory is so low? If it's media (pix, vids, mp3, etc) transfer them to your memory card. You want more free memory than 7mb...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD