I can receive email perfectly fine and I can reply to emails I've received perfecly fine, but I can not send a new fresh email from my phone and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

If i go to "compose email" it opens up and it says

Send Using: [Default] or I can pull down and select my aol acct or bb acct
    To: and when I fill this in, it does not auto complete and when I hit 'space' it does not automatically put in the "@" or the "."

Once I finish the email and hit the ball/menu key, i have "Save Draft" and "Full Menu" as options...
    If it hit "Full Menu" I then have:
    Drive To
    Search Nearby
    Map It
    Share Address
    Help
    Select
    Check Spelling
    Clear Field
    Save Draft
    Flag for Followup
    Call VM
    Add Bcc
    Attach Contact
    Attach File
    Edit AutoText
    Options
    Show Symbols
    Switch Application
    Close

but I dont have a SEND button.. I've done battery pulls and it doesn't help - does anyone have any idea???
    07-26-10 02:54 PM
    Re-send your Service Books and re-register your HRT. Either or both may be necessary. This procedure shows you how: How to Resend Service Books
    07-26-10 02:58 PM
    Thanks for the advice.. I've done both and still nothing.. I'm about to throw this blackberry into the ocean..
    07-26-10 03:32 PM
    Were you able to send emails before and it just stopped working, or is this a new Blackberry that has yet to work correctly?
    07-26-10 03:38 PM
    I've had it since December and never had a problem sending emails before
    07-26-10 03:41 PM
    Ok then, here's the next thing I'd try...

Make a backup of your device using Desktop Manager
    Do a security wipe (under "Options --> Security Options"). This will do a full wipe of all settings and personal databases, such as messages and contacts. It will NOT wipe the OS or files you have saved to the memory card, etc.
    After the security wipe, the device will reboot.
    Do the sending of service books and HRT procedure again. If memory serves correctly, your email account info should still be present, but if not set up your email account in the email settings.
    Do not restore the backup yet.
    Try to compose and send a message.
    If that works (or even if it doesn't), you can then restore the backup from DM to get your stuff back, and try it again.

Let us know what happens.

FYI -- this isn't the first thread I've seen on this issue, but haven't seen a solution in my quick searching...
    Edit #1: Here's another one. I'm not sure I'd recommend doing an OS re-install yet, but at least that appears to resolve the issue.
    Edit #2: OK, this is much more promising. Perhaps hitting "return" after entering the email address will resolve the "SEND" option not being available, although I'm not sure about the auto-complete names not appearing...
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 07-26-10 at 04:04 PM.
    Setanta likes this.
    07-26-10 03:51 PM
    ok.. the "return" button brings back the send option - Thank you soooo much!!!.. no auto completion or space bar short cuts, but I can live with that and is easier for now until I do a security wipe..

Again, thank you for your time with dealing with my issue! I truly appreciate it!
    07-27-10 07:29 AM
    So...I just had the same issue. No "send" and no auto complete. Any newer fixes???? I'm very dependent on auto complete.

Help is very much appreciated.

Edit: I ended up reinstalling the OS...sucked, but it seems to be the only to rectify the issue.
    Last edited by Setanta; 11-23-10 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Issue resolved
    11-22-10 09:29 PM
    Same issue happened again today...No changes what so ever to the device...Anyone got any other fixes than reinstalling my OS????
    11-30-10 05:55 PM
    Reinstalling the OS most likely solves the problem because it resets everything. If you can figure out what changed, hyou may be able to recover without reinstalling. What was the lat thing you did with the BlackBerry before the problem recurred?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Setanta likes this.
    11-30-10 06:16 PM
    Sent an email to a buddy. While typing it, another came in. I read it, then tried to compose another email, but kablammo????
    11-30-10 06:39 PM
    Try logging on to your carrier's BIS site, deleting your email account, then re-creating it. That should reset anything that's hung in the email.

11-30-10 06:48 PM
    I was confounded by the same issue a few months ago, whenever it was that the OS upgrade prior to this last one came through. Found out, thanks to tech support at VZW, that it's just a "feature" (glitch) of the newer OS.

For whatever reason, after you fill in the "to" field, whether it's manually or an auto-fill from your contact list, you have to hit the return key in order for that field to register. Once you do, the "send" option will again appear in the drop-down menu.
    Setanta likes this.
    12-01-10 02:36 AM
    Well.....reloaded the OS, again, and back to normal (for now). The next unlocked 9650 that comes up in the marketplace is mine!!!!
    12-01-10 10:34 PM
    Yeah, this same problem cropped up in my Wife's Tour. It's been driving her a lil' nuts, and this appears to be the first I've seen a solution for it. That it's a glitch is a PITA. Thanks for the update.

12-01-10 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD