I am no longer able to run my available memory past 99.4 MB on a hard reset (I've tried physical battery pulls and ALT+left shift+DEL to reset), whereas before, I could reach up to 107 MB. Only apps I have are Slacker, ScoreMobile, Flikr, AP News, and VisibleVote. I otherwise am very frugal with memory; I close everything after I use it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 10:53 AM
    I am no longer able to run my available memory past 99.4 MB on a hard reset (I've tried physical battery pulls and ALT+left shift+DEL to reset), whereas before, I could reach up to 107 MB. Only apps I have are Slacker, ScoreMobile, Flikr, AP News, and VisibleVote. I otherwise am very frugal with memory; I close everything after I use it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I too had that problem.
    I found and ran "Shrink-a-OS" after installing the latest sprint OS to my PC.
    Deleted the Vendor.xml file too.
    My Os install went from 57mb to 39mb after deleting all the useless languages and components I didn't use or need.
    After uploading that shrunken OS to my phone, I have a consistent 116.8 mb free (Lowest amount I've seen it get to is 111 mb under heavy usage).

Dm
    10-22-09 12:12 PM
    Could your call logs, emails and messages be backing-up? Try purging the aforementioned.
    10-22-09 12:27 PM
    Try reading the crackberry 101 lecture on how to free up apps memory space. I've also tried the defult memory cleaning program which seems to help.

I get a consistent 101.9MB while having 7 themes and 13 3rd party aps.
    Last edited by noized77; 10-22-09 at 12:52 PM.
    10-22-09 12:49 PM
    Thank you thus far. I will look through the tutorials and try some of the other methods as well. This is my first Blackberry, I want it to a) run as well as it was intended, and b) do "a)" for a long, long time.

10-22-09 01:38 PM
    Wait, why does it even matter? 99MB is PLENTY of memory! This isn't the Curve where you boot with 15MB and pray to keep it over 11.
    10-22-09 01:46 PM
    Wait, why does it even matter? 99MB is PLENTY of memory! This isn't the Curve where you boot with 15MB and pray to keep it over 11.
    I suppose, in relation to other BBs, it seems a bit selfish to pine for maximum memory, but if the phone was reaching it previously with no major changes like adding apps and constantly tweaking settings, why is it so wrong to want that back? I'm not to the point of noticing any performance issues between resets, but I do want to know where that memory has gone. That's all.

10-22-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD