so im in china for the next 3 months for work. got my tour unlocked at verizon before i came. bought a sim card for china mobile. added some chinese cell phone numbers into my phone. i cant call them from the phonebook. i just have to copy paste it into my dial screen. receive calls perfectly fine. if anyone can help me out thatd be great. oh yeah even after the person calls and i call them right back using the call history ill still get the recording saying something about the cell phone not being in service. thanks in advance.
    05-16-10 06:44 AM
    Have you tried changing the Smart Dialing options?

Phone
    Menu
    Options
    Smart Dialing

That's all i can suggest since i've never used my Tour for calls outside US. Someone will come along with more details i'm sure!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 07:04 AM
    Have you tried changing the Smart Dialing options?

Phone
    Menu
    Options
    Smart Dialing

That's all i can suggest since i've never used my Tour for calls outside US. Someone will come along with more details i'm sure!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks i tried that but that only adds the china country code. im in china already using a china mobile sim card. ill probably drop by a china mobile shop tomorrow to see whats going on. but if someone here can save me the trouble itd be better.
    05-16-10 08:24 AM
    bump for help please
    05-17-10 12:41 AM
    problem fixed... changed smart dialing to unknown...
    05-17-10 02:12 AM
    Hey I too in china can you please tell me where did you find smart dialling option
    07-12-14 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD