ok i have an old sony vaio an dhave to run access manager then i have a manual connection and use my tour as my modem well i just bought a new toshiba laptop with windows 7 and tried the same thing and nothing, called verizon was on the phone with the rep for 2 hours and he couldnt figure it out either, tried everything unistall reinstall access manager and desktop managerim not sure if it is my leaked os version .230 thought it might be my laptop so i tried my old ladies we got ours the same day and same thing the rep said my pc doesnt recognizse my phone, im so mad i spent 1000.00 on a laptop and cant even get online while on the road in the semi, can someone give me suggestions or comments please? thank you so much i dont know where else to turn, oh yeah my old pc had xp and the new desktop manager does not have the ip modem option and i am a verizon costumer
    01-29-10 11:42 AM
    What version of VZAM do you have?

You need this one 7.0.14

can be gotten at VZAccess Manager

Also you mentioned new computer. Did you install the Desktop manager? This is needed for the drivers.
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-29-10 at 01:54 PM.
    01-29-10 01:52 PM
    yep thats the version of access manager i have and i have the latest version of desktop manager, onlky thing i can think of is seeing how i am running a leaked version 5.0.230 that maybe i need to go back to my original 4.0 o.s., do you use your tour as a modem?
    01-29-10 02:32 PM
    Check you drivers on your cpu maybe not working and need to repair or try a different usb port to connect phone if you have muti ports on you cpu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 02:42 PM
    Yes, I know how to use it.

Also check your device manager (computer) and see if there are conflicts.
    01-29-10 02:50 PM
    i have tried it in all 3 of the usb ports, the device manager recognizes my phone and the access manager shows it is connected to a 9630, verizon cant even figure this one out, you think i should go back to my old operating system? and then try it? maybe the leaked system is having a conflict with it
    01-29-10 02:53 PM
    Reverting back may be worth a try.

Just for grins, I have this before as well. try conencting with the BBDM open and minimized

You can get it at BlackBerry® Software Updates
    01-29-10 03:02 PM
    So you have tethering option through Verizon?

Why don't you just get Tether? It is so easy to connect with no problems. You have a one time fee of 49.95 (a lot of times you can get it for $25!) and that's it!
    01-29-10 04:24 PM
    ok i have had dm running in the background and still nothing, how does thether work?
    01-30-10 06:11 PM
    It's really easy. You pay for the app, download the app to your comp, download app to your phone, connect and voila!, you're done.
    01-31-10 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD