I have the BB Tour for Verizon. I am pretty new owner of a BB. I have never had one before so I am not sure how to get the new message indicator off the top of my home screen. The thing is I don't have any new messages. I had deleted all the messages in all of the folders. I did a battery pull and it still won't turn off. Any suggestions?? Thank you....
    01-03-10 11:13 PM
    Is it a message icon? Or does it look like something else? There could be something running that has a notification.
    01-03-10 11:16 PM
    Do you have any apps installed and what does the icon look like?
    01-03-10 11:46 PM
    Do you have any apps installed and what does the icon look like?
    It is a little yellow envelope with a red asterisks on it with the number 2 next to it. It looks like it is telling me that I have 2 new messages. BUT I went to the main message icon I wen to view all folders and deleted ALL of the messages in each folder. It took me a little while to do that and I was sure the message indicator would go away, but it didn't. Then I did a battery pull on top of that. The icon is starting to frustrate me because I always think there are new messages. It has been like this for a few days now. Any other advice?? Thanks everyone!! Hugs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 12:36 AM
    You can try going to messages and do the "mark prior opened" option. If the envelope is slanted then it means you have a text message. Did you accidentally hide any of your email folders?
    01-04-10 12:52 AM
    Check your saved messages as well.
    Sometimes if you save a message and don't read it/open it....it will be listed as a new message and won't show up in your main messages folder.

Dm
    01-04-10 09:06 AM
    Try this: go to your messages menu, and click on the top date and select "Mark Prior Opened" - see if that clears it.
    01-04-10 09:22 AM
    I'm with Detman. A while ago when I tried to delete a few messages, my trackball decided to click on saved messages instead of delete. I had my message indicator stuck on 4 for 3 days until I found em... In saved messages...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD