so iv been having an issue with my tour 9630 os4.7... lately i haven't been able to get themes as i go to download them i select the download button click on it over the OTA and suddenly it either freezes or it says download failed!! what do i do???!!! please HELP!
    i also select details and it lets me know 907 invalid COD! what does that mean? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANYONE HELP!!
    Last edited by LeightonArchibald; 05-31-10 at 04:24 PM.
    05-31-10 04:12 PM
    What carrier?
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    Are the themes designed for your OS version?
    Have you tried updating the OS to version 5.0?
    05-31-10 04:25 PM
    its Verizon and yes i do... the themes are they are...i cant yet i don't have a USB port for my tour i want to i wish there was a way to do the update OTA
    05-31-10 04:33 PM
    Ok.

Be double sure that the themes are designed to work with 4.7.
    If you are accessing the OTA links via a mobile website, try emailing the links to your BlackBerry from a computer instead and then click on the link in the email.

You say that you don't have a "USB port" for you Tour. Presumably, you mean a USB cord?? If your device didn't come with one (?), they are readily available at retailers for a small price.

Have you tried the "Wireless Update" feature? Although I really wouldn't recommend updating wirelessly if you haven't backed the device up to a computer.
    05-31-10 05:34 PM
    yes i have tried getting OS 5.0 themes and saw they did not work but i try getting 4.7 themes and it still comes up saying that the download failed...and yes USB cord my device came with one but when i moved homes i lost it...i have not tried the Wireless Update and i have not backed up the device up to any computer..if its like the iphone update it would make my phone go back to its original settings?? and if i do go through with the wireless update how do i do it?
    05-31-10 08:45 PM
    Unless you are in the total boondocks, the usb cable should be available at a carrier's store or some other computer/electronics shop.
    05-31-10 08:53 PM
    so downloading the new os version through a wireless update is a bad idea? there is no 5.0 update on my device? its still 4.7
    Last edited by LeightonArchibald; 05-31-10 at 09:13 PM.
    05-31-10 09:08 PM
    In theory (and if everything works correctly), the update process will backup and restore the data on the device.

However, it is always advisable to manually backup the device before performing any major procedure on the device.
    06-01-10 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD