Okay crackberries! I've got a question. I have the Sprint 9630 with the latest O.S. - I downloaded an app that loaded all the pictures into my phone (I just realized this the other week as I was just browsing through my media). I deleted the app but it still downloaded hundreds of pictures to my phone. I want to delete all the pictures off my phone, as I have the 9630 sans camera.

These are the steps I've taken thus far:

1) removed the memory card - so the pictures are on the phone
    2) tried deleting all the pictures individually (Taking forever...hence why I am on here ;-)
    3) Tried deleting the file containing the pictures on the device
    4) hooked it up to my computer to delete it that way, and did not work.

I'm not sure if there is a quicker way to do this because I need the pictures off my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks
    05-31-10 07:58 AM
    What app did you did you install that "loaded all the pictures into [your] phone"?

What kind of computer are you using?
    05-31-10 08:24 AM
    Filescout allows you to tag and delete multiple files. It would also allow you to MOVE them. The only way I know to get to the INTERNAL files/memory of the BB from a pc is using the Roxio component of the Desktop Manager.

Also, you might want to find and delete the BBthumb.dat file which contains an index and sometimes need to be removed to actually update that index - otherwise sometimes photos still show up.
    05-31-10 08:39 AM
    The Roxio for DM is probably your quickest bet to deal with the internal memory, as mentioned above, and the only way I've found to access it, although perhaps there's other ways. If there are, I'd be very interested in learning what they are.

Otherwise it'll be deleting the files one at a time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 12:44 PM
    The Roxio for DM is probably your quickest bet to deal with the internal memory, as mentioned above, and the only way I've found to access it, although perhaps there's other ways. If there are, I'd be very interested in learning what they are.

Otherwise it'll be deleting the files one at a time.

I don't know the how's/why's of BB's internal memory. It is obviously treated differently, at least, on a number of systems. My TomTom gps has both an sd card and its internal memory and both show up as Drives on my computer. My new garmin Dakota is similar - both an sd card (my old bb 8gig) and internal memory and, again, both show up as drives on my computer. My old mp3 player could show up both ways - as a special device or a drive - never quite understood that. But the BB's internal is hidden except if you install Roxio - which I've done on only one computer. Otherwise, it is using the Media app's Explore function or Filescout to look at it.
    05-31-10 01:52 PM
    how do I get filescout? is it something I can install on my phone or is it something I need to install on my computer?

how do I also access the roxio of dm?
    05-31-10 09:02 PM
    You have to download the Roxio from www blackberry com or it should be on the software CD that probably came with your BB if you still have that.

06-01-10 07:49 AM
    Filescout:

FileScout for BlackBerry� Download [File Manager for BlackBerry� Devices]

Since it's a jad - visit the link from your BB. Sometimes his site has a few links before you can find the download file.
    06-01-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD