Help!!!
    just got a blackberry Tour. Using it in Nigeria on the MTN Network. Have the BIS package.
    Problem:
    I can add contacts easily via PIN/email except when the contact is in the US. It stays pending.
    I've deleted and re-added. they've re-added me. Added via PIN.Added via email. PIN mesages.Via contacts.re-downloaded the BBM 5.0 messenger. Battery pull-out. Everything.
    After either party accepts the request..it stays pending!!!
    It's not a tour thing on my network cos my friend's tour on the same network n package added the same contacts easily..
    Any suggestions pls!!!!!
    01-29-10 03:57 PM
    Did you check the permissions?

options>advanced options>applications. highlight BBM>press menu>edit permissions. Make sure they all say allow
    01-29-10 04:15 PM
    THANK U ..two were custom, so made them all 'allow'.
    Have now added my contact, via email..and she's now on my contact list
    BUTTTTT
    the BBMs i sent to her took forever to deliver to her end..was real-time chatting on my lappie with her..finally it delivered (she got them and it showed 'd' on my end) She's replied..and i still haven't gotten hers yet..going to 6 minutes now
    HELP!!
    01-29-10 06:55 PM
    This might be a network issue. Now that it is working, try another battery reset
    01-29-10 07:00 PM
    Still didn't get them after the battery pull out..
    ok now, it's definitely she's getting my messages but i'm not getting hers.
    My messages that she gets still show as 'd' on my end instead of 'R' because she has read them.
    Also, we're in the same BB group..before being my contact,she cld read my posts to everybody in the group but i cldn't see hers..kinda like wat's going on now on my own contact chat..
    Any more ideas pls
    01-29-10 07:23 PM
    Still didn't get them after the battery pull out..
    ok now, it's definitely she's getting my messages but i'm not getting hers.
    My messages that she gets still show as 'd' on my end instead of 'R' because she has read them.
    Also, we're in the same BB group..before being my contact,she cld read my posts to everybody in the group but i cldn't see hers..kinda like wat's going on now on my own contact chat..
    Any more ideas pls
    01-29-10 07:41 PM
    okay now try this:

options>security opions> general settings > disable content protection.

then,

options>security options>firewall and disalbe the firewall and try again.

This is the way I run my device and have no issues
    01-29-10 07:46 PM
    thanks..but both were already disabled..
    Was able to add my second contact in the states..Also via email..
    But it's the same situation..she's getting my messages..not getting hers..
    Any more thoughts pls??
    01-29-10 07:49 PM
    hate to say this, but get their pin numbers and delete and re-add them by pin. If this does not work it might be device, BBM, or the netwrok you are on.

Are your other data functions all woking okay?

What is the status of the message form the other end that you are not getting. Do they show it as D or not delivered?
    01-29-10 07:53 PM
    oh wow..thought about re-adding via PIN too..but didn't want to risk it..
    All other data functions are working perfectly..the BBM's working perfectly too except for this issue..
    It shows as 'd' at their end
    Ok i'll re-add them via PIN later in the day (it's 3 am now)..maybe it'll start working before then..fingers crossed..
    Thanks for your help..i'll keep you updated..
    01-29-10 08:07 PM
    If this is the case, that they are seeing D. there is something either with local network on incoming or your device.

Also, resend your serivce books.

options>advanced options>host routing table> menu> register now.
    01-29-10 08:10 PM
    So sorry...meant to say it's not showing 'd' at their end..
    think it's something on phone...will resend service books..will re-try adding later on when they're awake..
    thanks for the help..will update u!
    01-30-10 01:29 AM
    should 'content compression' in general options be enabled or disabled..it's enabled now.
    01-30-10 01:32 AM
    I run mine as enabled and I have no problem.
    01-30-10 07:41 AM
    heyy

im having the exact same problem with my verizon world edition 8830, its unlocked and im using an MTN sim card. no american bbm requests are getting through to me, just stay pending :/
    01-30-10 09:29 AM
    It still didn't work. Stayed pending all day. Tried again via email, she became my contact bt I'm still not gettin her messages.
    Have u heard of this before?
    Wat do you suggest?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-30-10 12:05 PM
    Sorry at this point I am out of ideas.

Well the only option I would say is left is back up the device, wipe or re-install the os and start fresh.
    01-30-10 12:09 PM
    Sorry at this point I am out of ideas.

Well the only option I would say is left is back up the device, wipe or re-install the os and start fresh.
    Thanks for ur help. Think I'll just get a replacement on monday. It shouldn't be this complicated.thx!

01-30-10 12:30 PM
    HI.. Okay so i'm supposed to be getting a new phone..
    But the seller says i need to un-register the PIN so they can re-sell it and the new user can use the new PIN.
    Any ideas on how to do this? Also, is there anything else i need to do before moving to the new BB.
    02-01-10 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD