I downloaded OS 5.0.230 a couple weeks ago and held on to it for a little while. I decided to install it today. I followed instructions to a tee.

I installed it on my laptop. For some reason it required my laptop to reboot when completed.

When it came back up I went to the folder, deleted the vendor file, double clicked apploader. It showed the apps already installed on my Tour, said there were no new updates and nothing happened.

I went into Desktop Manager tried to install it there with the same results.

I attempted to re-install the OS file, it gave me the repair option, redid everything, deleted the vendor file....same thing every time.

What can I be doing wrong???

Thanks for any help.
    10-19-09 07:19 PM
    Go into add/remove programs and delete the bb os that's there. Just leave dm and then try it. I ended up having to use the program shrink a os to get it to work.
    10-19-09 07:57 PM
    Yeah, if you have a os you installed previously still on your computer you need to delete it before it will let you upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 09:20 PM
    Unfortunately the original OS is not listed in my Add/Remove in my programs list, so there is nothing to uninstall.

It's just not finding the upgraded OS
    10-20-09 01:48 PM
    you have to make sure that your internet connection is off while you are installing and trying to load the OS. uninstall the OS, dont delete it, just uninstall. then, reinstall it from the exe file and try again.. keep trying until it works. it took me 2 hours of trying to get the loader to recognize the OS.
    10-20-09 01:52 PM
    when if the official release?
    10-20-09 01:58 PM
    Run the apploader as administrator. Do not use dm.

10-20-09 02:13 PM
    you have to make sure that your internet connection is off while you are installing and trying to load the OS. uninstall the OS, dont delete it, just uninstall. then, reinstall it from the exe file and try again.. keep trying until it works. it took me 2 hours of trying to get the loader to recognize the OS.
    That's interesting....I'll give that a try

Run the apploader as administrator. Do not use dm.

This is a personal use BB, no enterprise if thats what you meant?
    10-20-09 02:45 PM
    Did you download the new OS (one you want to install) with Internet Ex or FireFox? There are issues if you download and install the OS via Fire Fox. Delete and re-download with InternetEx.
    10-20-09 02:51 PM
    i hope you do, its the only way its going to work
    10-20-09 03:38 PM
    Did you download the new OS (one you want to install) with Internet Ex or FireFox? There are issues if you download and install the OS via Fire Fox. Delete and re-download with InternetEx.
    No, used Internet Explorer

i hope you do, its the only way its going to work
    I wish that were true Unfortunately I am getting the same thing over and over.
    10-20-09 09:28 PM
    I wish that were true Unfortunately I am getting the same thing over and over.
    well, you have to keep trying until it works. it didnt take until about the fifth try for me..
    10-21-09 02:16 AM

This is a personal use BB, no enterprise if thats what you meant?
    No, when you go into program files---common files---research in motion---apploader, right click on the apploader icon and select run as administrator.
    10-21-09 08:10 AM
    I had this issue once before and not sure if I figured out what was wrong but to update to 5.0.0.230 I just did it thru shrink-a-os its up to you whether to shrink it or not but you can choose to run loader.exe right from there. Hope that helps.

10-21-09 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD