Most of the time, I do my banking on my home computer, but sometimes I wish I could just log into my bank from my Tour. The websites are always locked when loading them from the phone.

is there a way to be able to log into bank websites without the page being locked??
    11-03-09 11:55 AM
    You can try to emulate Internet Explorer in the browser but most likely the device's browser is not sophisticated enough to handle all of the scripting that is used on bank websites. Most major banks have mobile versions available for certain transactions. Which bank site are you trying to access?
    11-03-09 11:58 AM
    You can try to emulate Internet Explorer in the browser but most likely the device's browser is not sophisticated enough to handle all of the scripting that is used on bank websites. Most major banks have mobile versions available for certain transactions. Which bank site are you trying to access?
    I bank with National city. I have yet to find a way to log on it from the phone. The main page pops up, but when you go to sign in, it wont let you
    11-03-09 12:01 PM
    I use Bank of America, and they have a downloadable icon that directs you to their mobile banking site. Works flawless so far. I can view transactions and even make transfers. Try using OM or Bolt? I know I can't log into my Sprint account with the default BB Browser, but I can using Bolt.
    11-03-09 12:02 PM
    maybe its just my bank thats stupid. They dont have a mobile site for a phone. no matter what browser you use, Bolt for example which I also have, when you try to sign in, the page is locked down.
    11-03-09 12:09 PM
    I bank with National city. I have yet to find a way to log on it from the phone. The main page pops up, but when you go to sign in, it wont let you
    So far, National City's idea of mobile banking is sending text messages after deposits, etc. I know because I wanted to be able to transfer between checking and savings while shopping to use my debit card (it's my play money from any ebay sales) and I called to ask them. They said that with the merger with PNC Bank, something would eventually happen but they don't know when.

Our household account is with Bank of America and it does work great; the app takes little memory and is just like sitting at your computer.
    11-03-09 12:11 PM
    National City has texting for balance alerts but that is all going away with them being converted to PNC this weekend. Here is an article detailing their conversion timeline. PNC announces National City conversion timeline - Pittsburgh Business Times:

And then this link is the link to PNC's mobile banking requirements and information page, https://www.pnc.com/webapp/unsec/Pro...Mobile+Banking

Hope the help
    11-03-09 12:16 PM
    thanks for the information guys...Not really what I was hoping for. I was wanting to transfer funds from the phone bassically, but seems like national city doesnt allow that yet, just the text messaging you have mentioned.

makes me want to swich banks just so I can log into a bank from my phone like every other bank can lol
    11-03-09 12:24 PM
    Have you tried Opera or Bolt? I can log in to my small bank's website with Bolt, but I couldn't from BB's browser.
    11-03-09 12:52 PM
    Bank of America and Wachovia mobile sites work great! Switch your bank! BB needs come first!
    11-03-09 01:04 PM
    as said before, use operamini.com browser. mine wouldnt work from bb browser either
    11-03-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD