The Tour is my first Blackberry after years of Treos. The first one had a non-functional track ball and low signal problems that I exchanged right away. My new one has low signal issues and drops out of 1XEV regularly. I am not having dropped calls so it is mostly a data issue but I am on the web frequently.

Assuming this is a Tour OS issue, does RIM issue fixes fairly quickly or is it likely to be a long time? I have about 2 more weeks on my trial.
    08-04-09 08:27 AM
    your case has to do with sprint though. sprint verisons of the Tour have had a lot of problems do to low signal just due to the carrier its on
    08-04-09 08:46 AM
    I've never had any problems with low signals on my Tour, but it is verizon.
    08-04-09 08:47 AM
    i also have low singles and the muffle problem on my sprint tour ...
    08-04-09 08:51 AM
    your case has to do with sprint though. sprint verisons of the Tour have had a lot of problems do to low signal just due to the carrier its on
    Yep it's sprint even though verizon customers have complained about the same thing. I have no problems with signal.
    08-04-09 09:01 AM
    I have had Sprint for 8 years and never had these problems. My wife has an ancient Treo 650 and her signal strength at home is usually -80dBm to -88dBm. On the Tour sitting right next to her Treo, it is -98 dBm to -110dBm. A very large difference.
    08-04-09 09:05 AM
    comments like this are just funny.
    I live in the atlanta metro area GREAT service with verizon.
    well right now I don't know if I want to get the tour because I have read that a lot of curve users had good/ok serivce on their phone until they switched to the Tour.
    I have great serivce everywhere except my bedroom/bathroom...that is where I ALWAYS drop calls and that is a big concern I have since I use my phone to talk more than text!
    What about the so called muffled sound that others are complaining about?
    08-04-09 09:06 AM
    Yep it's sprint even though verizon customers have complained about the same thing. I have no problems with signal.
    One thing that is odd is that I had the same problem with the Palm Pre, although not quite as bad. Funny that Treos don't seem to have this problem on Sprint.
    08-04-09 09:08 AM
    I have had Sprint for 8 years and never had these problems. My wife has an ancient Treo 650 and her signal strength at home is usually -80dBm to -88dBm. On the Tour sitting right next to her Treo, it is -98 dBm to -110dBm. A very large difference.
    Did you update your PRLs? Did you reload the OS?
    08-04-09 09:08 AM
    Did you update your PRLs? Did you reload the OS?
    I have updated the PRLs but have not reloaded the OS. I will have to read up on that as I have only had a BB for a short time.
    08-04-09 09:11 AM
    My Verizon Tour seems to have low signal, but doesn't. Holding both my Curve and Tour, the Tour usually shows 1 to 2 bars lower signal. However, when I switch both to a numerical signal reading instead of graphical (alt+NMLL), the signal strength reads about the same. In my house, both read -80dB.

I've not had any dropped calls with my Tour--other than known local dead zones.

I hope you (and Sprint) can resolve it.
    08-04-09 09:26 AM
    It's not a freakin sprint problem lol
    08-04-09 09:35 AM
    The Tour is my first Blackberry after years of Treos. The first one had a non-functional track ball and low signal problems that I exchanged right away. My new one has low signal issues and drops out of 1XEV regularly. I am not having dropped calls so it is mostly a data issue but I am on the web frequently.

Assuming this is a Tour OS issue, does RIM issue fixes fairly quickly or is it likely to be a long time? I have about 2 more weeks on my trial.
    I have sprint and I have the airwave in my home. My Treo and Curve both worked great. The Tour however does not. It does not seem to be a "Sprint Thing" as much as I can tell.

The OS updates will come. I would be patient, the Tour is a GREAT phone.
    08-04-09 09:36 AM
    How long does it usually take RIM to send out OS updates for phones?

Do you think we'll see an update for the Tour's OS? Or do you think it'll just be 5.0?
    08-04-09 09:37 AM
    I hope they fix it.
    08-04-09 09:38 AM
    How long does it usually take RIM to send out OS updates for phones?

Do you think we'll see an update for the Tour's OS? Or do you think it'll just be 5.0?
    Well the carrier has to approve the update before it's released.. That's what takes so long. I'm thinking that the update will just be a version of 5.0
    08-04-09 09:38 AM
    I have good signal in the Buffalo area. I consistently have 4 bar out of 5 bars.

I was at the Verizon store last week and was told that Verizon will have a version update around the end of August.
    08-04-09 09:46 AM
    Alot the problems will be fixed with a os update, especially the call clarity. I will believe a os is coming out when I see it. I remember when I had the Storm. Man I waited forever and people kept saying theres an os coming. Big red is funny about os updates. Thankfully we had crackberry with the leaked os. That made a world of difference. My Storm had a clarity problem (muffled) problem but a leaked os fixed it. So I really believe a os will help out.
    08-04-09 10:01 AM
    wow really .. my only hope is that the OS update does help ... i love the phone but when people cant hear me clear.. what good is that
    08-04-09 10:04 AM
    an os update should help for sure.
    08-04-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD