I thought alt shift delete was ok, but occasionally it would reboot fast. 10 seconds fast. When I physically take out the battery, it is always a complete reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 07:52 PM
    I've noticed doing a battery pull every so often always helps, especially after loading up random themes . and - i live near La Brea and Melrose WHAT WHAT! blackberry UNITE lmao.
    08-25-09 07:52 PM
    Can pulling a battery be bad? Yes, it "can" --

Pulling too often runs a heightened risk of:

1. Damaging your battery cover latching mechanism.
    2. Damaging the battery contacts on the device.

While the above two "can" happen, if done properly, it is quite rare that they would.

I never pull my battery unless the phone is hard locked and it will not respond to an ALT+RIGHTSHIFT+DEL reboot keyboard command, or a QuickPull app command.

The times where a physical battery pull is needed are slim. Use the keyboard reboot command, or QuickPull instead.

Obviously, if you need to remove power from the device for some reason, you'd need to do a physical battery pull.
    08-25-09 07:59 PM
    If you reset twice using alt+right shift+del its equivalent to a batt pull (if I'm not mistaken) after you do it the first time wait for the white screen and reset again. I do it with my curve and I can't notice a memory difference in a double reset vs a batt pull.

08-25-09 08:12 PM
    If you reset twice using alt+right shift+del its equivalent to a batt pull (if I'm not mistaken) after you do it the first time wait for the white screen and reset again. I do it with my curve and I can't notice a memory difference in a double reset vs a batt pull.

Nothing can be equivalent to a physical battery pull besides a physical battery pull itself.

From what I've noticed though, a double ALT+RIGHTSHIFT+DEL does work better than a single.
    08-25-09 08:24 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD