I have a BBerry Tour and my company has a BES server i guess it is called. We have 7 employees with Tour's....I was the first on the system. I guess I was the first license purchased on the BES. We have been using Windows Mobile phones for the past 5 years. Anyway....Every 1-2 weeks my Tour stops syncing with the BES for no reason at all. The phone will still work, I still have my contacts, and i still get my hotmail emails somehow. But I cant send emails from my work email or receive them until my company tech guy resets the BES. Then everything is fine. I have done battery pulls, wipes, gotten a new phone, deleted my profile from the BES and then added it back on, called tech support, nothing works. It keeps on happening...about once a week. My tech guy has looked at the logs on the BES and cant find anything. And of the 7 people in my office with the same phone.....I am the only one having this problem. Anybody have any advice?????? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    11-13-09 08:38 AM
    If you upgrade your OS while outside the firewall, at home for instance, you'll have to reactivate your BES. Or delete your IT Policy. Those are the only user actions I know of that might cause the problem you're describing. It sounds more like the BES admin made some error on your account that he learned from and didn't make on subsequent accounts. Unfortunately, you can't fix that. You'll just have to keep reporting the problem until your IT department finds and fixes it.
    11-13-09 08:43 AM
    Since all the other data functions and phone are working, there is not much VZW wiull be able to do. I would talk to your IT again have them assist in wiping the phone and then do a fresh BES activation. Also check and see how much mail you have in the corp account, too much mail can mess with the device syncing to the BES (As reported by others here).

If these two things do not work, then your IT group would need to contact RIM for support. If they determine it is a device issue, then VZW should replace the device under warr, as applicable.
    11-13-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD