Very novice with Bberries.

My friend bought Verizon Tour and used it in USA. I visited him, then he just gave it to me to bring it back to Europe (Lithuania).

Great phone, I love it. I just bought a MEP code and had it unlocked. Now I am set up with my local OMNITEL carrier (doesnt have blackberry data service). But here my problems begin...

As I got familiar with the menu, I realized I wont be able to use this phone to its full capabilities.

So how can I set up email and browse internet without Blackberry Internet Service?
    Please be patient. Thanks
    02-01-10 04:43 PM
    Can't be done.

You need a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to get BlackBerry data features which include push email and browsing the internet.
    02-01-10 04:46 PM
    Can't be done.

You need a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to get BlackBerry data features which include push email and browsing the internet.
    x2.... cannot be done
    02-01-10 05:11 PM
    If you have a data plan, perhaps you can switch the default browser to Internet browser instead of Blackberry browser. You do that through the options menu with the browser open. However, that may still not work. You could also try a different browser like Opera or something. For email, get a gmail account and use the gmail app. However, none of this may work properly.
    02-01-10 05:16 PM
    If you have a data plan, perhaps you can switch the default browser to Internet browser instead of Blackberry browser. You do that through the options menu with the browser open. However, that may still not work. You could also try a different browser like Opera or something. For email, get a gmail account and use the gmail app. However, none of this may work properly.
    they already said there carrier doesnt have a Data plan.... none of the above will work without it
    02-01-10 05:25 PM
    I cant access browser at all. Where can i download different browser?

I have data through sim card (300mb plan)
    02-01-10 05:25 PM
    How can turn on the browser?
    02-01-10 05:28 PM
    What you have on your Sim card is not the same "data" you need for those options to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 06:34 PM
    I read somewhere that if you can get TCP apps on the device you may be able to get to the net with a third party browser and or use the gmail app... Never tried myself or have first hand experience, but do a web search for BB Internet access without a BB data plan and see what turns up.
    02-01-10 07:33 PM
    I read somewhere that if you can get TCP apps on the device you may be able to get to the net with a third party browser and or use the gmail app... Never tried myself or have first hand experience, but do a web search for BB Internet access without a BB data plan and see what turns up.
    Anyone could assist me with the proccess steps on setting up the TCP apps and third party browser? What exactly do I need to set up? Thanks
    02-02-10 12:09 AM
    Blackberries access the internet differently than other smartphones, they have to have a BB specific data plan attached in order for ANY data to work, whether its default browser or not. The BB package has different coding in the carrier's network, rerouting it through a BB server for its internet. With that being said, it doesnt matter what kind of third party browser you load it still wont work. And no im not talking about Blackberry Enterprise Server, its still within the carrier's network but the data is routed differently.
    02-03-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD