i have a 9630 on verizon and my OS is 5.0.0.591, can i go higher than that or is that the latest and best one out so far? any upgrades avalible?
    05-24-10 10:12 AM
    Higher numbers do not necessarily mean a better build. I think the latest leak/official we have see is .662 (?) but I'm running .643 and absolutely love it!

You are running the latest official release from VZW. Its a rotten build though, and its far from the "best one out there". If you're comfortable with upgrading to a leak, again, I suggest the .643.

Instructions [HERE].
    Last edited by d5115r; 05-24-10 at 10:18 AM.
    05-24-10 10:16 AM
    thanx bro ill deff check it out
    05-24-10 10:27 AM
    I had .591 on my Tour and it wasn't the greatest. Signal drop issues, phone freezing, bad memory leaks, etc. I updated to Sprint's .624 build and it was better but I was still having problems with the browser click, so I upgraded to .643 and haven't had any bad issues since then. I still have a slight memory leak but not as bad as they were before. I recommend upgrading to .643. Its the best OS out there for the Tour I know of right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 10:28 AM
    Higher is not always better. I am running .419 and have no need or desire to move up. This OS is very stable, and runs perfectly.
    05-24-10 10:39 AM
    I like .419 and .643. Here's how I recommend to upgrade/downgrade:

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed an OS on the computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you want to downgrade (or upgrade) to. After making your backups, go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. After making sure you have backed up your phone as mentioned above, I recommend wiping the phone (using jl_cmder, BBSAK, etc), prior to installing the new OS . In the same folder mentioned earlier, click "loader.exe".

When that finishes, your new OS should be loaded. You will have to restore your backups using DM and BBSAK manually if you wiped prior to installing the OS as recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 03:29 PM
    I had 624 and I couldn't stand the browser click issue, I loaded up 662 with Driphter's Patch just to speed up the browser a little bit and love it, better battery too!
    05-24-10 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD