Well friends..... I'm fade up of speculating / hoping about T2 and really tired of waiting for 8530 to be announced in India ( even if RIM announce, 8530 would be my choice only cause of the current price of Tour in India.)

If I get brand new Verizon or Sprint or any other tour on ebay say around 200-250 USD ( In India, on my CDMA network, I have to pay at least 480 USD for it )

Can I use it on my Indian CDMA network ??

I asked my carrier... they said NO... and they want me to pay that mad amount (480 USD) to them... they are even ready to arrange a demo for new one if I need at my home... yeh yeh... They can afford that in 480 USD

I know its not like GSM.... but I read somewhere here about ESN flashing or something which could do the trick ( please forgive me if I'm using wrong terms, I really don't know much about it)

anyways...

Any help would be appreciated...
    Last edited by nfsw; 03-26-10 at 07:42 AM.
    03-26-10 07:33 AM
    If the carrier is willing to load the ESN into their system. A lot of carriers will refuse to do this.
    03-26-10 07:34 AM
    ... also, ESN flashing is illegal in most instances and will likely get you into trouble as well.
    03-26-10 10:06 AM
    If the carrier won't add the esn to their system, there is nothing you can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 02:04 PM
    <Snip>

Can I use it on my Indian CDMA network ??

I asked my carrier... they said NO... <Snip>

I know its not like GSM.... but I read somewhere here about ESN flashing or something which could do the trick ( please forgive me if I'm using wrong terms, I really don't know much about it)

anyways...

Any help would be appreciated...
    While it might technically be possible, I don't think that it is going to happen.

If you were to buy a Tour from some source other than your carrier, you would have to do one of two things in order to get it to work on their CDMA network.

The first way that you could get it to work would be to somehow get them to register your ESN with their network. Since they have already said "No", I don't see that happening.

If you were to find a way to change the ESN on your phone, then you might be able to get it to work, provided that you were to find a
    valid ESN for your carrier which is unused (Not too likely). To do things right, you would probably want to get their permission to use that ESN before you were to reprogram your phone, since they would have to know not to use that ESN on some other phone which they were issuing to someone else (again, Not too likely).

All in all, I think that your chances of success are extremely slim.
    03-26-10 04:17 PM
    While it might technically be possible, I don't think that it is going to happen.

If you were to buy a Tour from some source other than your carrier, you would have to do one of two things in order to get it to work on their CDMA network.

The first way that you could get it to work would be to somehow get them to register your ESN with their network. Since they have already said "No", I don't see that happening.

If you were to find a way to change the ESN on your phone, then you might be able to get it to work, provided that you were to find a
    valid ESN for your carrier which is unused (Not too likely).
    To do things right, you would probably want to get their permission to use that ESN before you were to reprogram your phone, since they would have to know not to use that ESN on some other phone which they were issuing to someone else (again, Not too likely).

All in all, I think that your chances of success are extremely slim.
    2 BCs...thanks for the details... one question (may be a stupid one)

Currently I'm using Nokia 6275 ( please dont ask why )..... can I use ESN of that...???
    03-26-10 10:01 PM
    Yes and no. If you use, clone it, add it to the network then try and add a BB data plan then the carrier will know something is wrong. The ESN will not match the device and will flag your account. Or could anyways.

And then the IMEI or ESN will need to be added to the BIS for provisioning. The IMEI/ESN will not match any valid configuration and will be denied by RIM.
    03-26-10 10:57 PM
    They sneaky yo
    !
    03-27-10 01:31 PM
    Hypothetically speaking, how would one "clone" an ESN and change it in the phone? UniCDMA or some other CDMA program? Unpopular as the subject is, wouldn't you have to unbrand the phone?
    03-29-10 02:33 PM
    I doubt the discussion would be allowed.
    03-29-10 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD